Telford Away Coach

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
PortDan1121
----------
----------

Telford Away Coach

Post by PortDan1121 »

There is a coach leaving for Telford next Saturday 8th organised by the yellow army. The bus departs at 10:30am from Haig Avenue

The prices are:
Adults: £20
Under 18s: £18

To book on please email theyellowarmy1881@gmail.com
Or text 07927 451663
Sandgrounder SE
----------
----------

Re: Telford Away Coach

Post by Sandgrounder SE »

Anybody know how seriously to take this business of advance booking of tickets to the ground? Isn’t there a ticket office where you can buy a ticket when you get there? Given the variable weather at the moment I’m not inclined to book a ticket in advance and then find the game is off.
PortDan1121
----------
----------

Post by PortDan1121 »

Sandgrounder SE wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:26 pm Anybody know how seriously to take this business of advance booking of tickets to the ground? Isn’t there a ticket office where you can buy a ticket when you get there? Given the variable weather at the moment I’m not inclined to book a ticket in advance and then find the game is off.
From what I found out from Telford they are pushing pay online as much as possible. There is not a cash turnstyle but you can buy a cash ticket at the ticket office at the top of one of the car parks aparently. I have not bought one ticket online for an away game so far this season, always so much worry of postponements due to covid or weather. It is also seggregated on the day like usual I think at Telford.
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Post by portexileinbath »

Enjoy the long walk around the ground to the away end !.
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Sandgrounder SE wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:26 pm Anybody know how seriously to take this business of advance booking of tickets to the ground? Isn’t there a ticket office where you can buy a ticket when you get there? Given the variable weather at the moment I’m not inclined to book a ticket in advance and then find the game is off.
Presume you could just buy online on your phone outside the turnstile but I'm sure refunds would be offered if you bought in advance anyway and it was called off.
It is ridiculous at this level to not allow pay at the gate, it could well put off last minute casual attendees. Why make it difficult for anyone who isn't a regular? At our last home game I believe we had queues in the club shop of people buying tickets because they didn't know we had a cash turnstile following our "all ticket" policy a couple of years ago.
We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.
Port on the Kent
----------
----------

Post by Port on the Kent »

Advanced ticket sales and no cash turnstile is dubious in the sixth tier at the best of times, but in the current context when some gameweeks see over half of matches in the country postponed with Covid it seems daft. Throw on top of that the usual January weather and subsequent call offs and the process of buying a ticket and someone having to refund it (and then buying another for the rearranged game) seems like a long winded alternative to just handing over a note.
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Post by portexileinbath »

Totally rediculous that tickets need to be bought in advance. It assumes that everybody has a smart phone and is happy to pass on all their personal information and pay on line. I am not happy to do this and never will be. Also it raises the question of how younger supporters are supposed to pay, maybe I am getting old but I was under the impression that not every young teenager had a credid card to pay with. All it can do is decrease the numbers attending games.
yellow mountain
----------
----------

Post by yellow mountain »

Tickets do not need to be bought in advance. Please read previous posts. Telford are just trying to get the money early.
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

yellow mountain wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:12 pm Tickets do not need to be bought in advance. Please read previous posts. Telford are just trying to get the money early.
But you'd have to go to the ticket office to buy a ticket on the day. Queuing up twice to get into a stadium that will be 75% empty.
Mind you their website says tickets no longer available so maybe it's sold out.
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

https://twitter.com/BBCShropSport/statu ... 0coVA&s=19
Game in doubt. Possible covid issue in Telford squad.
Gloucester
----------
----------

Post by Gloucester »

portexileinbath wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:54 pm Totally rediculous that tickets need to be bought in advance. It assumes that everybody has a smart phone and is happy to pass on all their personal information and pay on line. I am not happy to do this and never will be. Also it raises the question of how younger supporters are supposed to pay, maybe I am getting old but I was under the impression that not every young teenager had a credid card to pay with. All it can do is decrease the numbers attending games.
Snap I agree a refuse to prepay for the reasons you give, How can non league clubs turn away supporters and as said how do youngsters get in backward thinking?
cobby7
----------
----------

Post by cobby7 »

Apart from all that the weather for Saturday looks bad I hope their pitch is a good drainer.
SteH90
----------
----------

Post by SteH90 »

More info on the doubts about the match going ahead due to COVID cases in the Telford squad reported by their local paper https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/fo ... ous-doubt/
Seano
----------
----------

Post by Seano »

Out of interest, how much notice do you have the coach company before losing any deposit to them? / trust factor?
Ste_B
----------
----------

Post by Ste_B »

SteH90 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:51 pm More info on the doubts about the match going ahead due to COVID cases in the Telford squad reported by their local paper https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/fo ... ous-doubt/
If we were bottom and had just had a major investor buy all the remaining shares in the club then I’d probably not want to play for a few weeks either…
Exiled Port Fan
----------
----------

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

Ste_B wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:00 am
SteH90 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:51 pm More info on the doubts about the match going ahead due to COVID cases in the Telford squad reported by their local paper https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/fo ... ous-doubt/
If we were bottom and had just had a major investor buy all the remaining shares in the club then I’d probably not want to play for a few weeks either…
A little harsh, at a million cases a week, it isn't impossible for a squad to be quickly wiped out!
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Game is off
Big Mac 1985
----------
----------

Post by Big Mac 1985 »

Can we talk about their pitch drainage now?
Alan McDonald was more versatile than a Swiss Army knife.
PortDan1121
----------
----------

Post by PortDan1121 »

Seano wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:36 am Out of interest, how much notice do you have the coach company before losing any deposit to them? / trust factor?
If im being honest. Its all credit to the coach company Don Fraser, that have been able to let us run coaches this season. Because unlike previously used bus companies, they actually understand football fans. The prices have been reasonable and make it affordable for everyone. They allow us to upgrade the size of buses (say if we get more people) at very short notice. The buses are all modern and comfortable, suitable for longer journeys and are all fitted with onboard toilets. This is the bus we typically use: https://donfrasercoaches.co.uk/39-seater/
The company also allow us to do stops at services so people can get food, they all put a litter bin on every seat for the way there and way back. We usually have the same 2/3 drivers that are familiar with our group and no what the group are after. The coach company understand that games in this league can be called off at a seconds notice and are very accomidating of us.

So far this season we have done 10 games, including cup trips. Only one we missed was Spennymoor away first game. We have taken 343 people to games this season including places such as Blyth, Spennymoor, Brackley, Leamington with a decent following to all. And financially we are looking good and ready for the rest of the season, bring it on.
Sandgrounder SE
----------
----------

Post by Sandgrounder SE »

Excellent news. It can be done when people are prepared to put in the effort.