News of Former Players - it's back!

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Big Mac 1985
----------
----------

Re: News of Former Players - it's back!

Post by Big Mac 1985 »

No one’s perfect.
Alan McDonald was more versatile than a Swiss Army knife.
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Post by portexileinbath »

I can vividly remember him taking a keepers dtink bottle before a corner and just emptied it, (it could well have been at Kiddy) nasty sportsmanship and a cheat. Two things I absolutely detest. Football can do without both.
YELLOWTAXI
----------
----------

Post by YELLOWTAXI »

portexileinbath wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:23 am I can vividly remember him taking a keepers dtink bottle before a corner and just emptied it, (it could well have been at Kiddy) nasty sportsmanship and a cheat. Two things I absolutely detest. Football can do without both.
I totally agree, nasty piece of work, it was Kiddy I'm sure.
Take drugs, you pay the price.
End of.
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Gamesmanship of the worst order.
Good to know my memory still works !.
yellowfever
----------
----------

Post by yellowfever »

Awareness of issues in male mental health is publicised far more today than it was back then,and that could have played a part in his sad case? Unless any of us have been in that position to know exactly what goes on,then I'm not sure we should judge?
I certainly have changed my views these last few years seeing the evidence of mental health issues.Not for a minute do i condone the taking of drugs but i don't think every case is the same or as cut and dried as we think.
YELLOWTAXI
----------
----------

Post by YELLOWTAXI »

Reuben Jerome scored Workingtons 2nd goal in their 2-2 away draw at Trafford
YELLOWTAXI
----------
----------

Post by YELLOWTAXI »

Jonny Margetts got his 4th league goal of the season in their 3-1 away win at Daventry Town in the NPL Midlands league.
SteH90
----------
----------

Post by SteH90 »

⬇️
Last edited by SteH90 on Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SteH90
----------
----------

Post by SteH90 »

Saw both Steven Tames (4 goals in 40 Port appearances) & Josh Dobie (45 minutes of a Port appearance) contribute to the winning side in Prescot Cables 2 Ramsbottom United 1 this afternoon. Ramsbottom were better on the ball & had a lot of possession but Cables stood firm and got two very different goals from the promising Leon Johnson. His first after 3 minutes was a peach of a goal.
YELLOWTAXI
----------
----------

Post by YELLOWTAXI »

Dan Cockerline scored AFC Liverpool's first goal in their 5-3 home win over Charnock Richard in the FA Vase 1st Qual Rnd.
Tangled Up In Yellow
----------
----------

Post by Tangled Up In Yellow »

Paul Rutherford and Bradley Bauress were both on target for Bala Town yesterday.
David999
----------
----------

Post by David999 »

Carl and Louis Baker on breakfast tv just now and amongst chat Carl gave Southportfc a name check as a step on his way up ! Great goal scored by his son showed too !
Steve p

Post by Steve p »

John Coleman confirming live @BBCLancsSport that Dion Charles wasn’t injured - left out. Says Stanley have made a commitment to the player by taking him out of non-league and he must commit to them and want to play and train. The striker is out of contract in the summer #asfc
haigavel
----------
----------

Post by haigavel »

Ged Gardner,having grown so much from his loan spell with us,scored the 97th minute equalizer for Fleetwood vs Sunderland.

Brentford have given up 2 goals total in their 1st 5 Premier League matches this season.
In the words of Tomkins, "The ethos of Clapham became the spirit of the age."
YELLOWTAXI
----------
----------

Post by YELLOWTAXI »

Richard Brodie scored Skelmersdale Uniteds 2nd goal in their 2-2 home draw versus Wythenshawe Town in the North West Counties Premier League.
YELLOWTAXI
----------
----------

Post by YELLOWTAXI »

Yves Zama scored Kendal Town's only goal in their 2-1 home defeat to Clitheroe in the NPL West division.
YELLOWTAXI
----------
----------

Post by YELLOWTAXI »

Andy Owens scored both goals in Radcliffe's 2-1 away win in the FA Cup 2nd Qualifying rd over Mossley.
yellowfever
----------
----------

Post by yellowfever »

yellowfever wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:21 am I hope Dion does for Accy's sake...They risk having an unhappy player on their books now. If he has an ounce of common, he'll know that at his age he has to move soon to get his "big money move".
You heard it here first..

As reported on here above,John Coleman left Dion Charles out of his 16 for yesterday's home game to Wigan Athletic.
When you get a player mixing with players at (with respect to Accy) "bigger" clubs on his recent International duty-you'll get you're head turned by hearing of "telephone number" salaries and all the trappings involved.
After not selling him during this last transfer window,Accy now risk selling him in January at a cut price fee,or worse still, allow him to walk "free" next Summer?
Bad for the Port too..
Port on the Kent
----------
----------

Post by Port on the Kent »

yellowfever wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:45 pm
yellowfever wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:21 am I hope Dion does for Accy's sake...They risk having an unhappy player on their books now. If he has an ounce of common, he'll know that at his age he has to move soon to get his "big money move".
You heard it here first..

As reported on here above,John Coleman left Dion Charles out of his 16 for yesterday's home game to Wigan Athletic.
When you get a player mixing with players at (with respect to Accy) "bigger" clubs on his recent International duty-you'll get you're head turned by hearing of "telephone number" salaries and all the trappings involved.
After not selling him during this last transfer window,Accy now risk selling him in January at a cut price fee,or worse still, allow him to walk "free" next Summer?
Bad for the Port too..
Don't understand Accrington's logic in holding on to him, there were at least half a dozen Championship clubs interested. They could have had a massive fee, reinvested in the squad and they are always banging on about how skint they are.

Now they've got an unhappy player they won't use who will go for peanuts in January or a free in the Summer.

Maybe next time we have an asset to sell on with a selling on fee, likely to be Woods in a year or so in my opinion, we could find a buyer less obstructive, even if Coleman is Liam's best mate.
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Coleman has helped us in the past, so it is hardly a one way thing.