News of Former Players - it's back!

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
mrsbluenose
----------
----------

Re: News of Former Players - it's back!

Post by mrsbluenose »

yellowfever wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:51 pm Dion Charles hasn't now kicked a ball in an official match for Accrington Stanley since the 2.1 defeat at Sunderland on 11th September...
It's going to be a long Winter for him-and the way things could be developing-the Spring too....
He needs to start thinking long and hard about himself here and his career-and actually start to do some of his own thinking instead of listening to every word is agent mutters, because he obviously isn't doing at the moment...
This isn't "News of Former Players" so much as "Bizarre Opinions of Former Players"!
David_1276
----------
----------

Post by David_1276 »

mrsbluenose wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:45 pm
yellowfever wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:51 pm Dion Charles hasn't now kicked a ball in an official match for Accrington Stanley since the 2.1 defeat at Sunderland on 11th September...
It's going to be a long Winter for him-and the way things could be developing-the Spring too....
He needs to start thinking long and hard about himself here and his career-and actually start to do some of his own thinking instead of listening to every word is agent mutters, because he obviously isn't doing at the moment...
This isn't "News of Former Players" so much as "Bizarre Opinions of Former Players"!
It's not bizarre... It's a genuine concern. If he walks in the Summer, we get nothing. If he left last Summer like everyone expected he would we'd now be somewhere in the region of £100,000 to £250,000 better off (depending on the sell-on clause installed in his contract and the actual transfer fee). That's enough money to make a huge difference in this league. He needs to do something, as does Coleman, otherwise the situation bitters for all parties involved.
YELLOWTAXI
----------
----------

Post by YELLOWTAXI »

Morgan Homson-Smith has today signed for Bootle FC.
I think he's trying to go for Richard Brodies record of how many clubs a plater can play for!🤦‍♂️🤣
He's only 23!
Harrogate ,
Prescot Cables ,
Southport ,
Loan to FCUM,
Back to Southport,
Free transfer to FCUM,
Free transfer to City of Liverpool,
Free transfer to FCUM again!,
Free transfer to Longridge Town,
Free transfer to Bootle FC.
Alan Spences Pupil
----------
----------

Post by Alan Spences Pupil »

I am not quite sure whether this is a wind up but I understand that Richard Brodie has gone to York City, in what capacity I don't know, if he is good enough there why didn't we sign him again :lol: , is he still a player or possibly a Coach, a bit of a Left Field signing for York! Should be an interesting game if he comes back to Haig Ave to play for York......
YELLOWTAXI
----------
----------

Post by YELLOWTAXI »

He's in the middle of doing his UEFA B Coaching badge. Beenplayer coach at Skelmersdale for a couple of years now. Not sure if York City was a one off as part of his experience for the qualification.
Redrobe
----------
----------

Post by Redrobe »

Brides is a player coach at Skem. He is at York for a couple of days as part of his coaching badge. He says they offered him the opportunity so I assume he contacted them. There is a short interview with him on York City’s Twitter page. The comments from York fans on that Tweet show he is much thought of there. For the record I was a fan of Brodes when was it Haig Ave and was so disappointed that it didn’t work out.
SteH90
----------
----------

Post by SteH90 »

Paddy Lacey now a boxer but still with Chester apparently. Article makes no mention of his time at Southport though.
https://www.goal.com/en/amp/news/ex-liv ... 012bb9db04
Sandgrounder SE
----------
----------

Post by Sandgrounder SE »

Amadou Bakayoko scored for Bolton in that fun game v Stockport on BBC last night.
He’s had a reasonable career since he played for us aged 18.
YELLOWTAXI
----------
----------

Post by YELLOWTAXI »

Brodie has left Skelmersdale United this week, so that he can concentrate on his UEFA B badge coaching.
"Sorry to see him go" says Chairman Paul Griffiths https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/skelmers ... 62818.html
puskas
----------
----------

Post by puskas »

It has been announced tonight that Richard Brodie has joined Ashton Athletic as player / Co-Manager.

https://www.ashtonathletic.co.uk/news/n ... 63953.html
From the Shores of the River Ribble
To the Banks of Fine Janes Brook
Exiled Port Fan
----------
----------

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

puskas wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:01 am It has been announced tonight that Richard Brodie has joined Ashton Athletic as player / Co-Manager.

https://www.ashtonathletic.co.uk/news/n ... 63953.html
Where he could be in a dugout next to Robbie Savage! Someone get the bouncers in!
YELLOWTAXI
----------
----------

Post by YELLOWTAXI »

Jonny Margetts got his 15th league goal of the season Belper Town's 4-3 away win at Wisbech Town.
Redrobe
----------
----------

Post by Redrobe »

Just seen Coke Stockton’s 94th minute winning goal v Fleetwood. Shot from the half way line.
BinghamBoy
----------
----------

Post by BinghamBoy »

Just been announced that Paul Carden is taking over as manager at Telford with Carl Baker as his assistant.
YELLOWTAXI
----------
----------

Post by YELLOWTAXI »

Richard Brodie scored his first goal for his new club Ashton Athletic in their 2-2 home draw with Burscough last night
Redrobe
----------
----------

Post by Redrobe »

Just heard that Cliff Marshall has passed away today after a short illness. I remember seeing his debut for Port, home to Torquay I think. RIP Cliff.
Swedes
----------
----------

Post by Swedes »

Mark Beesley has been appointed manager of Warrington Town.
mark thomas
----------
----------

Post by mark thomas »

Redrobe wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:27 pm Just heard that Cliff Marshall has passed away today after a short illness. I remember seeing his debut for Port, home to Torquay I think. RIP Cliff.
RIP Cliff, remember him well in that yellow and blue Admiral (?) kit we had for a good while in the 70s, memorable days.
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

mark thomas wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:54 pm
Redrobe wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:27 pm Just heard that Cliff Marshall has passed away today after a short illness. I remember seeing his debut for Port, home to Torquay I think. RIP Cliff.
RIP Cliff, remember him well in that yellow and blue Admiral (?) kit we had for a good while in the 70s, memorable days.
http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Southport/Southport.htm
76/77 & 77/78 were Bukta kits
We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.