News of Former Players - it's back!

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
optimickstic
----------
----------

Re: News of Former Players - it's back!

Post by optimickstic »

David_1276 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:46 am Not sure whether he really counts as a former player, but ex-youth prospect Edvards Servuts was on the teamsheet yesterday as Burscough went out in the extra preliminary round of the FA Cup to something called Silsden AFC. As my most local club geographically, it really is a shame how far they've fallen, and the situation they find themselves in which is similar but significantly worse than the one we ourselves were in about 8 or 9 years ago.
He must count saw Edvards play for youth team at JMO a few times and he was good was he a sub for us for a game? He was reccomended to Lower Breck [same league as Burscough] but is at Burscough as you say. Hope he progresses well at his new club and then we might see him again and also i hope Burscough despite being cash strapped have a succesful season a club with a lot of history and some good crowds in the FA cup over the years at Victoria Park new ground is tiny but at least they still exist.
David_1276
----------
----------

Post by David_1276 »

optimickstic wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:11 pm
David_1276 wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:46 am Not sure whether he really counts as a former player, but ex-youth prospect Edvards Servuts was on the teamsheet yesterday as Burscough went out in the extra preliminary round of the FA Cup to something called Silsden AFC. As my most local club geographically, it really is a shame how far they've fallen, and the situation they find themselves in which is similar but significantly worse than the one we ourselves were in about 8 or 9 years ago.
He must count saw Edvards play for youth team at JMO a few times and he was good was he a sub for us for a game? He was reccomended to Lower Breck [same league as Burscough] but is at Burscough as you say. Hope he progresses well at his new club and then we might see him again and also i hope Burscough despite being cash strapped have a succesful season a club with a lot of history and some good crowds in the FA cup over the years at Victoria Park new ground is tiny but at least they still exist.
I actually went to watch their defeat at home to AFC Liverpool on Tuesday, and despite losing 6-1 there were a fair few positives to take from the game, remarkably Burscough were probably the better side for an hour. They had a winger in particular, Robert Oseh, who looked electric and I later found out he was more typically deployed in a number 6 role, which made it even more impressive. I know he was/ maybe still is on the books at Chorley but he'd definitely be worth a look as a young versatile project type player. Servuts was fairly anonymous unfortunately, but he didn't look out of place and seemed to chase everything he possibly could, and showed an excellent degree of maturity and organisation for his age.
optimickstic
----------
----------

Post by optimickstic »

Only been to the new ground a few times Maghull is a good option when the port are away as they have a reserve team and there is a game most Saturdays . Burscoughs problem is retaining the players they have hope Oseh is on loan as then they may get to keep him for several games and they will need a settled squad to stay at the level they are at, good club with many volunteers conserving what monies they have . Eddy was signed for Skem but despite being on subs list i dont think he got on and was on loan at Ashton utd for some of last season hope he finds his feet at Burscough.Cheers Mick.
Rabbit
----------
----------

Post by Rabbit »

I was there on tues also and thought Servuts looked sharp actually. Hes one of only a couple still in the team today at Padiham. The team is reflecting the two managers link with SG academy and their contacts i think.
The team today appears to contain some more experienced players right thru.
Anyway … i guess this is a port chat line !😂🤦
optimickstic
----------
----------

Post by optimickstic »

Had a look and they won and- EX SOUTHPORT PLAYER EDDIE SERVUTS SCORED THE SECOND GOAL- That should qualify this post as portchat :D good away win for them and best wishes for the rest of the season.
Rabbit
----------
----------

Post by Rabbit »

optimickstic wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:37 pm Had a look and they won and- EX SOUTHPORT PLAYER EDDIE SERVUTS SCORED THE SECOND GOAL- That should qualify this post as portchat :D good away win for them and best wishes for the rest of the season.
👍👍👍
Port on the Kent
----------
----------

Post by Port on the Kent »

Posting here because the relevant thread is locked... TalkSport did the full classified results and included the National North and South which 5Live never did. It's a shame our first outing was 'Southport nil...'

Would recommend tuning in for anyone who wants our division's scores in the car. You can then turn over before the adverts start!
David_1276
----------
----------

Post by David_1276 »

optimickstic wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:37 pm Had a look and they won and- EX SOUTHPORT PLAYER EDDIE SERVUTS SCORED THE SECOND GOAL- That should qualify this post as portchat :D good away win for them and best wishes for the rest of the season.
Congrats to him and the team, hopefully he kicks on there. And yes, I think our tangent about Burscough now qualifies as "Port Chat" :lol:
YELLOWTAXI
----------
----------

Post by YELLOWTAXI »

Jason Walker scored Holker Old Boys third goal with a penalty in their 3-0 home win over Garstang
JC06
----------
----------

Post by JC06 »

Buckley-Ricketts scored the first of Warrington’s two late goals in their 2-0 win over Morpeth Town on Saturday.
PortInTheSouth
----------
----------

Post by PortInTheSouth »

Just seen Mark Halstead play well but on the unfortunate end of a 1-0 scoreline at Bromley Vs Torquay
YELLOWTAXI
----------
----------

Post by YELLOWTAXI »

Frank Mulhern scored Farsley Celtic's only goal in their 2-1 home defeat to Fylde.
YELLOWTAXI
----------
----------

Post by YELLOWTAXI »

Jonny Margetts scored a hat-trick in Stamford's 3-1 home win over Harborough Town.
YELLOWTAXI
----------
----------

Post by YELLOWTAXI »

Richard Brodie and Simon Grand both scored against each other in Charnock Richard's 3-2 home win over Ashton Athletic.
PORT FOREVER
----------
----------

Post by PORT FOREVER »

YELLOWTAXI wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:05 pm Richard Brodie and Simon Grand both scored against each other in Charnock Richard's 3-2 home win over Ashton Athletic.
Would take both of them back in a heartbeat.
YELLOWTAXI
----------
----------

Post by YELLOWTAXI »

Steven Hewitt scored for Wythenshawe Town in their 3-1 away win at Litherland REMYCA.
YELLOWTAXI
----------
----------

Post by YELLOWTAXI »

Declan Weeks got Chester's second goal in their 3-2 defeat at impressive Peterborough Sports
YELLOWTAXI
----------
----------

Post by YELLOWTAXI »

Raul Correia got the late winner in the 85th min for Stalybridge Celtic in their 1-0 home win versus Lancaster City
YELLOWTAXI
----------
----------

Post by YELLOWTAXI »

Simon Grand scored Charnock Richard's first goal in their 5-1 away drubbing of Silsden in their FA Cup Qualifying Round match
YELLOWTAXI
----------
----------

Post by YELLOWTAXI »

Jason Walker got a 90th minute penalty to seal Holker Old Boys 3-1 away win at Ilkley Town.