News of Former Players - it's back!

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
TrickyDicky
----------
----------

Re: News of Former Players - it's back!

Post by TrickyDicky »

Rory McKeown unused sub tonight for Crusaders v Basel in a second leg europa game 1-1 draw (1-3 aggregate)
YELLOWTAXI
----------
----------

Post by YELLOWTAXI »

Simon Grand has signed for Charnock Richard
YELLOWTAXI
----------
----------

Post by YELLOWTAXI »

Simon Grand scored on his league debut for Charnock Richard in their season opener 3-3 home draw vs Padiham.
YELLOWTAXI
----------
----------

Post by YELLOWTAXI »

Jason Walker scored for Holker Old Boys today but they still lost 3-2 away to Chadderton.
YELLOWTAXI
----------
----------

Post by YELLOWTAXI »

Just seen that Shaun Whalley played for Accrington Stanley today in their 2-2 home draw versus Charlton Athletic
David_1276
----------
----------

Post by David_1276 »

Marcus Carver signs for Scunthorpe- in the same division we'd have been in this season had he stayed. Disappointing for him no doubt, but as I and others said at the time of his departure, it seems he perhaps should've stuck it out with us until the end of the season just gone.
Port on the Kent
----------
----------

Post by Port on the Kent »

David_1276 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:38 pm Marcus Carver signs for Scunthorpe- in the same division we'd have been in this season had he stayed. Disappointing for him no doubt, but as I and others said at the time of his departure, it seems he perhaps should've stuck it out with us until the end of the season just gone.
In the end, the move was a disaster for Hartlepool, Southport and Marcus Carver. Only person who benefitted was his agent.
Ste_B
----------
----------

Post by Ste_B »

Port on the Kent wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:49 pm
David_1276 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:38 pm Marcus Carver signs for Scunthorpe- in the same division we'd have been in this season had he stayed. Disappointing for him no doubt, but as I and others said at the time of his departure, it seems he perhaps should've stuck it out with us until the end of the season just gone.
In the end, the move was a disaster for Hartlepool, Southport and Marcus Carver. Only person who benefitted was his agent.
I wouldn't say we "won" because I'd rather he was still here, but I think we handled the situation perfectly IMO.

We got a sizeable fee for a striker who could have left for free in the summer. We weren't going up, with or without him.
superbike999
----------
----------

Post by superbike999 »

Just had a look at his latest Wikipedia. Looks like he never scored for Hartlepool. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Carver He has a good scoring record when playing in lower divisions.
Mr Ah Yes
----------
----------

Post by Mr Ah Yes »

Joins Regan Ogle.
Paulisi
----------
----------

Post by Paulisi »

We had a load of add ons as part of the fee, that have not come to fruition, but we may get a percentage of the sell on fee.
PortDan1121
Bitter Evertonian
Bitter Evertonian

Post by PortDan1121 »

Financial wise - Moving from part-time, nonleague football to the football league, getting paid full time, has been a great decision for him.

But for his career, it's been a big backward step. This is what his dad said to me when I saw him at Chorley away this year. He said it was good the club doesn't step in the way of players progressing to the football league - but he would have preferred that they did this one time.
PORT FOREVER
----------
----------

Post by PORT FOREVER »

This morning Richard Brodie was spotted eating a fry up in Pippins
Swedes
----------
----------

Post by Swedes »

Gary Jones has taken up a job coaching Bradford City under-16's.
Port on the Kent
----------
----------

Post by Port on the Kent »

PORT FOREVER wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:23 pm This morning Richard Brodie was spotted eating a fry up in Pippins
Hi Tom, how u getting on m8?
YELLOWTAXI
----------
----------

Post by YELLOWTAXI »

Jordan Lussey has signed for Marine from Curzon Ashton
The Commander
----------
----------

Post by The Commander »

Scunthorpe v Yeovil on BT Sport tomorrow 5.20 to see if Marcus features.
Big Mac 1985
----------
----------

Post by Big Mac 1985 »

Neil Gibson is the new manager at Connah’s Quah Nomads after leaving Flint Town United in the summer.
Alan McDonald was more versatile than a Swiss Army knife.
David_1276
----------
----------

Post by David_1276 »

Big Mac 1985 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:22 pm Neil Gibson is the new manager at Connah’s Quah Nomads after leaving Flint Town United in the summer.
Completely unrelated but my girlfriend's mum dated him for a while. He seemed a nice guy but I never really got to talk to him about his exploits in a 'Port shirt! 😂
Exiled Port Fan
----------
----------

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

David_1276 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:34 am
Big Mac 1985 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:22 pm Neil Gibson is the new manager at Connah’s Quah Nomads after leaving Flint Town United in the summer.
Completely unrelated but my girlfriend's mum dated him for a while. He seemed a nice guy but I never really got to talk to him about his exploits in a 'Port shirt! 😂
Mainly going down like he had been hit by Mike Tyson?