Todays game -Blackpool FC

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Big Mac 1985
----------
----------

Re: Todays game -Blackpool FC

Post by Big Mac 1985 »

Gate Chat.
Alan McDonald was more versatile than a Swiss Army knife.
Ronnie Hotdogs
BASTARD
BASTARD

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Let's swap the naming rights for a new one. "The Shifty Derek's World Of Gates THUNDERDOME" has a nice ring to it.
I am at my most DANGEROUS and EFFECTIVE when UNDERESTIMATED.
Redrobe fan
----------
----------

Post by Redrobe fan »

So, apart from any football stadium related offences, and common assault, there was also the crime of committing willful damage. If they do get the Blackpool thugs, its they and not Blackpool FC who should be ordered to pay for any damage.
Big Mac 1985
----------
----------

Post by Big Mac 1985 »

Thug Chat
Alan McDonald was more versatile than a Swiss Army knife.
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Post by portexileinbath »

Big Mac 1985 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:58 am Gate Chat.
5 barred gate chat ?
PR9
----------
----------

Post by PR9 »

portexileinbath wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:51 pm
Big Mac 1985 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:58 am Gate Chat.
5 barred gate chat ?
Glad you find this so funny when loyal fans that go to all homes and travel to most aways games creating an atmosphere have now been banned for what is no more than a bit of argey bargey caused by Blackpool Fans breaking through to a part of the ground they shouldn't be!!!!

But as long as you can sit at home sipping your port awaiting the right type of fan.
prestonportfan

Post by prestonportfan »

I did not attend the Blackpool friendly but from what I've read on here it was a minority of away supporters to blame ,I'm an older supporter but I've enjoyed the atmosphere generated by the younger element , it would be a great shame if we went back to the library atmosphere of a few seasons ago , I would hope a meeting between the supporters involved and Southport fc could lead to strong warnings instead of bans
george
----------
----------

Post by george »

Some people miss the point, there is a difference between watching the game,supporting the team,getting involved in chanting, shouting obscenities at the opposition, ect,
And just going to the game to cause trouble, along time ago football made the same mistake, the ban is justified
Any Port In A Storm
----------
----------

Post by Any Port In A Storm »

george wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:31 am Some people miss the point, there is a difference between watching the game,supporting the team,getting involved in chanting, shouting obscenities at the opposition, ect,
And just going to the game to cause trouble, along time ago football made the same mistake, the ban is justified
Correct you do miss the point. Young Southport fans chanting and shouting at opposition fans and the opposition fans decide to try and cause more violent trouble. Who is a ban justified for?
george
----------
----------

Post by george »

OK,will try again, go to watch the game,or go to cause trouble, I am old enough to no the difference, l went to football in the 70s mate,I've seen the results
Any Port In A Storm
----------
----------

Post by Any Port In A Storm »

george wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:27 pm OK,will try again, go to watch the game,or go to cause trouble, I am old enough to no the difference, l went to football in the 70s mate,I've seen the results
Firstly I'm not your mate and attended games in 70s also. Man Utd had Old Trafford closed in 71 for someone throwing a knife at Newcastle striker John Tudor. There was a phase were darts were regularly thrown at the away end at a few grounds including Anfield. Stadium bans for winding up a few fat lads from Blackpool who couldn't take it is draconian.
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Any Port In A Storm wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:11 pm
george wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:31 am Some people miss the point, there is a difference between watching the game,supporting the team,getting involved in chanting, shouting obscenities at the opposition, ect,
Correct you do miss the point. Young Southport fans chanting and shouting at opposition fans and the opposition fans decide to try and cause more violent trouble. Who is a ban justified for?
As I said in one of my first posts on this topic, the bans are correct for our wind up merchants and the Blackpool fans who reacted the way they did, should get a court appearance and bans
Exiled Port Fan
----------
----------

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

Can we lock this thread now, it is circular and not helping anyone in anyway.
Liamisdoingagreatjob
----------
----------

Post by Liamisdoingagreatjob »

portexileinbath wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:21 pm
Any Port In A Storm wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:11 pm
As I said in one of my first posts on this topic, the bans are correct for our wind up merchants and the Blackpool fans who reacted the way they did, should get a court appearance and bans
According to your logic though players who swear on the pitch should get a ban since they are after all breaking the ground rules...where is that line drawn and who draws it? Do we need VAS? Video assisted stewards....perhaps you could be the remote judge and the game could be stopped every few minutes while a decision is made whether to remove a fan or not.
But I think you'd quickly find attendances shrinking hugely.
Football stadia are not libraries and hopefully never will be.
portexileinbath
----------
----------

This matter has nothing to do with foul language, as you well know and to pretend it is, only obscures the real reason why the club and the police had to act.

The ground would be a lot quieter if we were sanctioned or would you prefer us to get a fine ?. We were lucky to get away with the Chester incident, how many more chances do you think we will be given ?.
kiaken
----------
----------

Post by kiaken »

Exiled Port Fan wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:41 pm Can we lock this thread now, it is circular and not helping anyone in anyway.
CORRECT