Bootle (A)

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Redrobe fan
----------
----------

Re: Bootle (A)

Post by Redrobe fan »

Injury to Bell may not be as bad as first thought, according to SFC.
Portoldie
----------
----------

Post by Portoldie »

I’m afraid it says it all about the way we are going to play yet again when we release our most technically gifted footballer. I just don’t think he fits our ‘system’.
george
----------
----------

Post by george »

OK,I want to win the league, then I want to get back into the football league properly, then I want to win the European Cup,ect then I woke up.
Ever had that dream when having won the euro lottery you buy the club,and make it happen?
The reality is given the present set up,we huff and puff trying to sneek into a play off place,,but sooner or later we will be relegated, into a division that suits are standing, have a good season
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Post by portexileinbath »

george wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:41 pm OK,I want to win the league, then I want to get back into the football league properly, then I want to win the European Cup,ect then I woke up.
Ever had that dream when having won the euro lottery you buy the club,and make it happen?
The reality is given the present set up,we huff and puff trying to sneek into a play off place,,but sooner or later we will be relegated, into a division that suits are standing, have a good season
I can hardly believe I am saying this... but .... have you been eating too much cheese before bedtime ?. I have heard tell it can induce nightmares. :shock:

The season hasn't started, give it a few weeks before getting too depressed :idea:
Paulisi
----------
----------

Post by Paulisi »

Port on the Kent wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:34 pm
TrickyDicky wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:16 pm I think the club have correctly stood by George since his career threatening injury, and I’m happy that my small contribution has gone towards paying his wages. Any club that puts someone in the garbage after a traumatic injury is not a club worth supporting for me , it sends out a message of fair mindedness and care towards current and prospective personnel and cant be measured in pound coins . Clearly, his progress has not been as hoped hence we’ve parted ways fairly and amicably which for me is the proper way of conducting yourself, sometimes it’s not all about winning at all costs.
If he had left at the end of the season that would have been more normal, but to get him fit and playing (and scoring) during pre-season just to get rid two weeks before the season, when we can barely fill a bench as it is, is most unusual and doesn't fill you with much hope that there was a plan.

Liam has said in multiple interviews that "George has a big future" at Southport and has backed him throughout. Now he's off four days after scoring. Something doesn't add up.

Could well be more to it that we aren't privy to of course.
I may well be someone has offered him a contract with guaranteed football and a decent wage, whereas prior to today, he would be warming the bench.
With George gone and Nyal out for a while, we need to bring in a striker either on loan or permanently.
Redrobe fan
----------
----------

Post by Redrobe fan »

If that’s the case, you can’t blame him.

Warrington? Marine?
Alan Spences Pupil
----------
----------

Post by Alan Spences Pupil »

It is hard to see us competing up at the top of this difficult league with injuries all ready starting to pile up, hard times for the club, hope something turns up before the real action starts in earnest....
The Commander
----------
----------

Post by The Commander »

Only need Jordan Archer to get injured again and we are well and truly up that famous creek.
SimonJ
----------
----------

Post by SimonJ »

Over George, I'd be supprised if Liam hasn't got somebody to come in, It doesn;t make sense otherwise.
Redrobe fan
----------
----------

Post by Redrobe fan »

SimonJ wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:57 pm Over George, I'd be supprised if Liam hasn't got somebody to come in, It doesn;t make sense otherwise.
It sounds like George took the initiative.