Hmami taken off injured
3 trialling
Down to the bare bones
portexileinbath
750 posts
750 posts

Re: Bolton (H)

Post by portexileinbath »

Don't you think the fact that there are 3 trialists, points to the fact that we are looking to sign more players. I take that as a positive.

For those like me that can't get to the game, Manchester evening news has got good text commentary.
JC06
----------
----------

Post by JC06 »

Paulisi wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:29 pm No Tyler Walton
Hmami taken off injured
3 trialling
Down to the bare bones
Tyler Walton on holiday I believe.
Falkland yellow
----------
----------

Post by Falkland yellow »

Great performance. Night and day compared to the Bootle performance. We had belief and a better chance to play football against a footballing side. We also had Liam on the touchline. Hope we can use that as a springboard into Everton.
tonyhey
----------
----------

Post by tonyhey »

What a great game of football, we dominated right from kick off. We played some beautiful passing football at times, and but for some excellent defending from the Bolton lads, we could have been four or five up by half time.
If we can play to that level when the season starts, we will do alright.
Mick g
----------
----------

Post by Mick g »

tonyhey wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:49 pm What a great game of football, we dominated right from kick off. We played some beautiful passing football at times, and but for some excellent defending from the Bolton lads, we could have been four or five up by half time.
If we can play to that level when the season starts, we will do alright.
How dare you say we where playing good football, you are going to upset a lot of people saying that, some people don't want to hear it lol
Redrobe fan
----------
----------

Post by Redrobe fan »

How strong was the Bolton team?
First teamers? Squad players? U23s?
PS
Just read their manager’s report- he described them as their second team, ‘B’ team.
PortInTheSouth
----------
----------

Post by PortInTheSouth »

Redrobe fan wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:31 am How strong was the Bolton team?
First teamers? Squad players? U23s?
PS
Just read their manager’s report- he described them as their second team, ‘B’ team.
I've seen it described as u23s by some and "B" by others. For context, in Bolton's last league game last season, one player who played last night for them was on the bench
kiaken
----------
----------

Post by kiaken »

Although a young Bolton team who tried to play football it was a good watch. Motm for them was keeper who kept them in game. Port also played some good football so decent night.
tonyhey
----------
----------

Post by tonyhey »

Does anyone know how serious Josh’s injury is, there was a blue light ambulance outside the ground as I was leaving, hopefully it wasn’t for him.
Hillside Raider
----------
----------

Post by Hillside Raider »

tonyhey wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:45 am Does anyone know how serious Josh’s injury is, there was a blue light ambulance outside the ground as I was leaving, hopefully it wasn’t for him.
It wasn't - the paramedic went into one of the neigbouring houses (we thought the same walking down Haig Ave after the game)
BlankPort
----------
----------

Post by BlankPort »

Does anyone have any thoughts regarding the trialists?
Met him on a Monday
----------
----------

Post by Met him on a Monday »

Triallist A had very good footwork and control had a great run , played a clever cross into the box without anyone on the end of it to finish. We certainly need a bigger squad and should a reasonable addition. Triallist B had little game time time had a great chance but fluffed his lines.
Sandgrounder3
----------
----------

Post by Sandgrounder3 »

Someone reckons it’s Devonte Redmond, ex youth player with Marcus Rashford, released by Wrexham last month
TrickyDicky
----------
----------

Post by TrickyDicky »

Trialist B has had 2 x 15 mins cameos in the last 2 games , difficult to make a meaningful impression so if he’s on trial start him from the beginning and give the lad a fair chance by playing him a minimum of 60-70 mins , it’s not rocket science 🤔
David_1276
----------
----------

Post by David_1276 »

tonyhey wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:45 am Does anyone know how serious Josh’s injury is, there was a blue light ambulance outside the ground as I was leaving, hopefully it wasn’t for him.
I've seen an image of it, it's a nasty gash on his right foot that I imagine got stitches for straight away. Probably about 2 inches long so I can imagine he'll probably be out for a month or so given the (very) limited knowledge I have of footballing injuries. He doesn't look to have broken anything which is the most important thing imo. It does beg the question how on earth that can happen through a football boot though, as it's right at the top of his foot.
David_1276
----------
----------

Post by David_1276 »

Sandgrounder3 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:07 pm Someone reckons it’s Devonte Redmond, ex youth player with Marcus Rashford, released by Wrexham last month
Would be nice if it was him, he's a big industrious midfielder with lots of experience at the level above. Does look like him, and would be a real sensible acquisition as he has a track record of winning in non-league, something which we as a team collectively are lacking.
PR9
----------
----------

Post by PR9 »

Id be surprised if it was him he turned down a contract extension at Wrexham to come here on trial???
Ronnie Hotdogs
BASTARD
BASTARD

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

He was released in June.
I am at my most DANGEROUS and EFFECTIVE when UNDERESTIMATED.
Sandgrounder3
----------
----------

Post by Sandgrounder3 »

The Club can confirm that the following players are to be released upon the expiry of their current contract:

Lee Camp

Cameron Green

Dan Jarvis

David Jones

Jordan Ponticelli

Devonte Redmond

Dawid Szczepaniak

Kwame Thomas

The Club would like to thank each player for their commitment while registered with the Club and wish them every success for the future.