Away coaches.

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Redrobe fan
----------
----------

Re: Away coaches.

Post by Redrobe fan »

TIY needs a leader to step forward and take the reins.
TrickyDicky
----------
----------

Post by TrickyDicky »

Maybe it’s time for a new independent Supporters Club to be set up , to wipe the slate clean from all previous encumbrances and baggage and use this to be promote some fund raising to help fund primarily Official Supporters Club travel, where members are accountable for their behaviour and maybe pet projects to help benefit the Club.
I noticed Spennymoor do it selling spot the balls in the bar, raffles etc just enough to help subsidise travel in the main and encourage a bit more esprit de corps amongst official members to Represent the club in a civilised manner on away trips . I personally thought TIY have been a real asset to the club and it’s seemingly loss of popularity has evolved over the last few years for whatever reasons, pandemic, ceasing involvement for away travel , sad… . I guess the main problem is getting new responsible committed keen supporters to step up to the plate and they seem to be very few and far between at our club unfortunately. Well done Dan btw 👍 My thoughts are for a club with a relatively small support base there are too many historical burnt bridges and football politics that fester below the surface, which prejudice any new initiatives. You’ve only got to read some of the knobs on here (most who don’t go) almost willing the team to fail so they can post their self indugent “told you so yawnfests”.
Last edited by TrickyDicky on Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Churchtown Yellow
----------
----------

Post by Churchtown Yellow »

How do you lead something that doesn’t exist though? TIY appears to have folded in all but name.
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Redrobe fan wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:01 pm TIY needs a leader to step forward and take the reins.
I thought they had to be elected by members though?
We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.
SteH90
----------
----------

Post by SteH90 »

I’d point out that the once-in-a-lifetime event of COVID coincides with the demise of TIY. You couldn’t really meet in person for a year but apart from a few comments that seems to have been overlooked.
However, whatever the current formation of TIY is some kind of acknowledgment of the situation would be welcome. If it needs reinvigorating or reforming it would be good to know as I’m sure people would step forward to do so.
optimickstic
----------
----------

Post by optimickstic »

[tweet][tweet][/tweet][/tweet]
TrickyDicky wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:22 pm Maybe it’s time for a new independent Supporters Club to be set up , to wipe the slate clean from all previous encumbrances and baggage and use this to be promote some fund raising to help fund primarily Official Supporters Club travel, where members are accountable for their behaviour and maybe pet projects to help benefit the Club.
I noticed Spennymoor do it selling spot the balls in the bar, raffles etc just enough to help subsidise travel in the main and encourage a bit more esprit de corps amongst official members to Represent the club in a civilised manner on away trips . I personally thought TIY have been a real asset to the club and it’s seemingly loss of popularity has evolved over the last few years for whatever reasons, pandemic, ceasing involvement for away travel , sad… . I guess the main problem is getting new responsible committed keen supporters to step up to the plate and they seem to be very few and far between at our club unfortunately. Well done Dan btw 👍 My thoughts are for a club with a relatively small support base there are too many historical burnt bridges and football politics that fester below the surface, which prejudice any new initiatives. You’ve only got to read some of the knobs on here (most who don’t go) almost willing the team to fail so they can post their self indugent “told you so yawnfests”.
Good ideas for fund raising Maghull do a predict the scores in a number of premier league matches just a simple on paper prediction in the clubhouse on match day and the rollovers quickly total several hundred pounds which encourages more participation [just a suggestion of course ] cheers mick.
Redrobe fan
----------
----------

Post by Redrobe fan »

Ralphy Rylance wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:59 pm
Redrobe fan wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:01 pm TIY needs a leader to step forward and take the reins.
I thought they had to be elected by members though?
That’s something that can follow, once the organisation is lifted from dormancy.

It just needs (one or preferably more) committed individuals to get involved.

I feel sure that the national organisation would offer support and guidance.
PortInTheSouth
----------
----------

Post by PortInTheSouth »

Rather than having too many away travel threads, just thought I'd put it in this one - apologies if it looks like I'm hijacking it!

But, as a heads up, services on Sat 20th Aug (Alfreton (a)) will be very limited and likely non existent post match due to train strike action.

Further, some operators are operating no service (Avanti) on Sat 13th Aug which is the Peterborough Sports home game. Merseyrail and Northern are unaffected on that day.
PortDan1121
Bitter Evertonian
Bitter Evertonian

Post by PortDan1121 »

PortInTheSouth wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:27 pm Rather than having too many away travel threads, just thought I'd put it in this one - apologies if it looks like I'm hijacking it!

But, as a heads up, services on Sat 20th Aug (Alfreton (a)) will be very limited and likely non existent post match due to train strike action.

Further, some operators are operating no service (Avanti) on Sat 13th Aug which is the Peterborough Sports home game. Merseyrail and Northern are unaffected on that day.
This is why I’m really trying to sort something out for this date. Because I can’t drive that far lol
PortInTheSouth
----------
----------

Post by PortInTheSouth »

PortDan1121 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:56 pm
PortInTheSouth wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:27 pm Rather than having too many away travel threads, just thought I'd put it in this one - apologies if it looks like I'm hijacking it!

This is why I’m really trying to sort something out for this date. Because I can’t drive that far lol
Yeah appreciate that - good luck with it! As always, the efforts are appreciated.
optimickstic
----------
----------

Post by optimickstic »

Surprised no comments on here following announcement at the game on Saturday that coaches are on again well done on sorting it. Back to normal hopefully but any form of transport is better than none cheers mick.
portexileinbath
----------
----------

Post by portexileinbath »

optimickstic wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:23 pm Surprised no comments on here following announcement at the game on Saturday that coaches are on again well done on sorting it. Back to normal hopefully but any form of transport is better than none cheers mick.
Of no consequence to me but it is good to know there are still people who think enough of the club and their fellow supporters to put in all the effort that is needed to organise this. Massive respect to all involved in organising it (and all that use it). Hope to see you all soon
PortDan1121
Bitter Evertonian
Bitter Evertonian

Post by PortDan1121 »

Details coming this afternoon regarding Alfreton on our socials...