Injuries

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Tangled Up In Yellow
----------
----------

Injuries

Post by Tangled Up In Yellow »

Bell out for the season - cruciate ligament.
Hmami and Evans out for a month.
Sandgrounder SE
----------
----------

Re: Injuries

Post by Sandgrounder SE »

So where does that leave us, a week from kickoff?
yellow blue
----------
----------

Post by yellow blue »

unless we make some signings squad was very thin before these. a bottom six finish if not worse
tonyhey
----------
----------

Post by tonyhey »

yellow blue wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:09 pm unless we make some signings squad was very thin before these. a bottom six finish if not worse
Nice to see you so positive and optimistic even before a ball has been kicked.
SimonJ
----------
----------

Post by SimonJ »

I wonder if Liam intends to sign any of the three trailist.
Hillsider
----------
----------

Post by Hillsider »

I saw one of the subs at Starbucks in Liverpool on my way to the match. Should have asked for a lift.
optimickstic
----------
----------

Post by optimickstic »

Boston will be a tough first game as they always finish above us in the league but we were closer to them last season. Shame about the injuries but its still eleven against eleven and if we put in a good performance i am happy with that. After playing well at the start of last season but suffering loss after loss we finished well up the table mostly due to Carvers goals so we really need to find another strike partner for Jordan after Nyals unfortunate injury best wishes for a total recovery to him of course but it looks like he is out for the season.
Last edited by optimickstic on Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
prestonportfan

Post by prestonportfan »

Liam is not signing anyone , we have been desperately unlucky again with injuries , no money in the club so we need new investors or a mid table finish beckons
Scotch Egg
----------
----------

Post by Scotch Egg »

tonyhey wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:29 pm
yellow blue wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:09 pm unless we make some signings squad was very thin before these. a bottom six finish if not worse
Nice to see you so positive and optimistic even before a ball has been kicked.
I really want to be wrong about this and if I do turn out to be wrong, I'll put my hand up happily, but I think we're about to have a very difficult season indeed. More matches, a thin squad, a lack of obvious sources for goals. It doesn't bode well. We'll do well to finish top half as things stand.
PortDan1121
Bitter Evertonian
Bitter Evertonian

Post by PortDan1121 »

Having listened to both Ian and Liam at the awards evening last night, both of them still seemed confident of getting playoffs. They didn’t rule out making any further signings to boost numbers.

We have 3 injuries.
Obvs Bell will be out for a year now sadly. They wanted to restart his career here; sadly looks like we might be delayed on seeing that a season.
Evans and Hmami will be out a month. Hmami’s injury looked nasty. He had a big open gash on his foot.
badger
----------
----------

Post by badger »

prestonportfan wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:38 pm Liam is not signing anyone , we have been desperately unlucky again with injuries , no money in the club so we need new investors or a mid table finish beckons
We lost yesterday 4-0 too Everton youth team looks like a bottom four finish this season. Unless we get a new manager.
Sandgrounder SE
----------
----------

Post by Sandgrounder SE »

Will reserve judgment till we’ve seen a few results. It looks like we will be putting out a team little changed from last season. The players will have, I hope, matured and be a bit more competitive, but would have liked to see some further strengthening.
Alan Spences Pupil
----------
----------

Post by Alan Spences Pupil »

Sandgrounder SE wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:05 am Will reserve judgment till we’ve seen a few results. It looks like we will be putting out a team little changed from last season. The players will have, I hope, matured and be a bit more competitive, but would have liked to see some further strengthening.
Yes well summed up, obviously the Striker role hasn't been resolved due to injury, we lack guile & a play maker in my view to put his foot on the ball & keep possession, Munro could fit the bill, but to me we are nowhere near a Promotion team, if the Financial Cupboard is bare not much can be done,,,
TrickyDicky
----------
----------

Post by TrickyDicky »

badger wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:24 am
prestonportfan wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:38 pm Liam is not signing anyone , we have been desperately unlucky again with injuries , no money in the club so we need new investors or a mid table finish beckons
We lost yesterday 4-0 too Everton youth team looks like a bottom four finish this season. Unless we get a new manager.
Very unfair I suspect you didn’t go, apologies if you did but if you didn’t your talking out your arse I’m afraid, as 3 of them are likely to break into their first team squad and played on their USA tour particularly Danny Mills lad who scored a hat trick, a youth team that are full time training, expert care and aspiring to a much higher level . They had a lad called Warrington who had a very good season for Tranmere last year and was very difficult to displace in midfield and dictated much of their lightning movement. It was a good workout and sobering experience for which all the lads did their best.
Realtalk
----------
----------

Post by Realtalk »

PortDan1121 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:17 am Having listened to both Ian and Liam at the awards evening last night, both of them still seemed confident of getting playoffs. They didn’t rule out making any further signings to boost numbObvs

Highlight of the evening the two 'er directors regarding play-offs and further signings.
PR excercise in trying to maintain some publick interest.
Realtalk
----------
----------

Post by Realtalk »

badger wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:24 am
Tragically this will not happen but something has to give.
Realtalk
----------
----------

Post by Realtalk »

Under the table more like.
PortDan1121
Bitter Evertonian
Bitter Evertonian

Post by PortDan1121 »

Realtalk wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:22 pm
Having listened to both Ian and Liam at the awards evening last night, both of them still seemed confident of getting playoffs. They didn’t rule out making any further signings to boost numbObvs

Highlight of the evening the two 'er directors regarding play-offs and further signings.
PR excercise in trying to maintain some publick interest.
Don’t twist my words and make out I’ve said something that I haven’t…
Realtalk
----------
----------

Post by Realtalk »

PortDan1121 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:49 pm
Having listened to both Ian and Liam at the awards evening last night, both of them still seemed confident of getting playoffs. They didn’t rule out making any further signings to boost numbObvs

PR stunt in trying to maintain some public interest.
What are you talking about, my take not yours.
Realtalk
----------
----------

Post by Realtalk »

PortDan1121 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:49 pm

PR stunt in trying to maintain some public interest.
What are you talking about, my take not yours.