Transfer Rumours

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Roday1878
----------
----------

Transfer Rumours

Post by Roday1878 »

Tweet by Stephen Killen (Off the park) ‘’I’m told Southport (@southport_fc) are looking to bring in a forward player, this week.

Negotiations with the target's club are ongoing, initially should the player join, it will be on loan.’’

https://twitter.com/_stephenkillen/sta ... ChkuSyz9vA
Chilled
----------
----------

Re: Transfer Rumours

Post by Chilled »

Well the loan player(s) won’t get in the team / because during Ian’s online chat , he more or less said it’s unfair to replace any of our current team with a loan player . Obviously happy how we are performing
This club has never heard of healthy competition
David_1276
----------
----------

Post by David_1276 »

Given that the transfer will be only a loan initially, it's fair to assume given the wording of Killen's Tweet that there'll be some sort of scope to sign whoever it is permanently. My betting is it could well be a former player, not sure who but we do have a decent amount of representation throughout the NL and who knows- Carver needs some game time, and we may well be the ones to offer it to him 😳. More realistically however, I wouldn't be surprised given Jamie Allen is at odds with the Halifax management if he decides to prove his worth in the league below.
PR9
----------
----------

Post by PR9 »

David_1276 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:59 pm Given that the transfer will be only a loan initially, it's fair to assume given the wording of Killen's Tweet that there'll be some sort of scope to sign whoever it is permanently. My betting is it could well be a former player, not sure who but we do have a decent amount of representation throughout the NL and who knows- Carver needs some game time, and we may well be the ones to offer it to him 😳. More realistically however, I wouldn't be surprised given Jamie Allen is at odds with the Halifax management if he decides to prove his worth in the league below.
Wont be Carver hes just joined Scunthorpe United a couple of weeks ago
loyal jay
----------
----------

Post by loyal jay »

Awaiting the signing of Jack Sampson...
Redrobe fan
----------
----------

Post by Redrobe fan »

Plausible
loyal jay
----------
----------

Post by loyal jay »

Redrobe fan wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:20 amPlausible
I hope I'm wrong :lol:
GeorgeCarrExcavation
----------
----------

Post by GeorgeCarrExcavation »

loyal jay wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:16 am
Redrobe fan wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:20 amPlausible
I hope I'm wrong :lol:
Not exactly a prolific goalscorer :cry:
kiaken
----------
----------

Post by kiaken »

He's in current Chorley team and not scoring.
joebloggs
----------
----------

Post by joebloggs »

David_1276 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:59 pm Given that the transfer will be only a loan initially, it's fair to assume given the wording of Killen's Tweet that there'll be some sort of scope to sign whoever it is permanently. My betting is it could well be a former player, not sure who but we do have a decent amount of representation throughout the NL and who knows- Carver needs some game time, and we may well be the ones to offer it to him 😳. More realistically however, I wouldn't be surprised given Jamie Allen is at odds with the Halifax management if he decides to prove his worth in the league below.
"FC Halifax Town and Jamie Allen have mutually agreed to release Jamie from his contract and he has left the Club. FC Halifax Town would like to thank Jamie for his contribution to the Football Club and wish him all the best in the future"
PORT FOREVER
----------
----------

Post by PORT FOREVER »

Do we really want someone who think's it's a good idea to go on Love Island to play for us?

Bring back the days of Steve Daly, Matty Mcneil etc
Rabbit
----------
----------

Post by Rabbit »

Cant see him preferring at subs bench at southport to Love Island!
PortDan1121
Bitter Evertonian
Bitter Evertonian

Post by PortDan1121 »

Can the Port sign Salomón Rondón from Everton?

Actually come to think about it NLN is probs a bit to fast-paced for Rondon - even for Watson Ball.
Ronnie Hotdogs
BASTARD
BASTARD

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

PORT FOREVER wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:22 pm Do we really want someone who think's it's a good idea to go on Love Island to play for us?

You obviously didn't see Series 6.
I am at my most DANGEROUS and EFFECTIVE when UNDERESTIMATED.
David_1276
----------
----------

Post by David_1276 »

PR9 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:29 am
Wont be Carver hes just joined Scunthorpe United a couple of weeks ago
Not impossible, I don't think he's actually made a start for the club yet, additionally could well be short term to run whatever injury he had off at Hartlepool. As for Allen, I don't think it matters whether he went on a stupid dating show or not he's still one of the better forwards we've had in the past 10 years
GeorgeCarrExcavation
----------
----------

Post by GeorgeCarrExcavation »

PORT FOREVER wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:22 pm Do we really want someone who think's it's a good idea to go on Love Island to play for us?

Wrong question.
Can he score goals?
PR9
----------
----------

Post by PR9 »

Jamie Allen just got realised from Halifax
Jackcarrboy
----------
----------

Post by Jackcarrboy »

Can tell u 1000% per cent it’s not sammo hats from the big man him slef
Liamsbodyguard
----------
----------

Post by Liamsbodyguard »

What about Danny Hattersley ??
SteH90
----------
----------

Post by SteH90 »

GeorgeCarrExcavation wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:48 pm

Wrong question.
Can he score goals?
Not really. 1 goal in 24 appearances last season.