Transfer Rumours

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
george
----------
----------

Re: Transfer Rumours

Post by george »

Well laurel and Hardy are managing the team,is Charlie chaplain available, Watson out
Roday1878
----------
----------

Post by Roday1878 »

SteH90
----------
----------

Post by SteH90 »

Stephen Killen has tweeted
Things are moving in @southport_fc's efforts to sign a striker on loan. A few moving parts to the deal but could be announced before Friday.

Four, possibly five, returning from injury/suspension in contention for Chorley
kiaken
----------
----------

Post by kiaken »

zzzzzzz
tomherold
----------
----------

Post by tomherold »

Stephen Killen is a Tory
Stephen-Killen
----------
----------

Post by Stephen-Killen »

tomherold wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:50 pm Stephen Killen is a Tory
Thanks for the concern, Tom, but I'm not.

But since you mentioned me, give me a follow :D https://twitter.com/_StephenKillen
David_1276
----------
----------

Post by David_1276 »

Stephen-Killen wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:01 pm

But since you mentioned me, give me a follow :D https://twitter.com/_StephenKillen
I know its a long shot, but do you have any more intel re: potential new signing(s)? Any idea if this/ these will actually ever materialise, or whether it'll be just another missed opportunity?
Stephen-Killen
----------
----------

Post by Stephen-Killen »

David_1276 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:34 pm

I know its a long shot, but do you have any more intel re: potential new signing(s)? Any idea if this/ these will actually ever materialise, or whether it'll be just another missed opportunity?
Hi David, I'll do my best to answer this but I'm not working with the deals so can only pass what I've been told and know.

The impression I get is they're speaking to a lot of players, clubs, agents - the answers they're getting back I can't speculate (whether it's a straight no, wage demands etc, I will ask what conditions are when enquiries are made). But they are trying.

If tomorrow was going ahead, there would be four players back from injury.

I know an attacking option is close - if not agreed - but has suffered an injury and has gone for scans this morning. It is expected to be completed when fit. I know that doesn't sound good signing players with injuries but I believe the issue has recurred from pre-season which went untreated.

Other deals previously have had moving parts to them. E.g. clubs signing other players and possibly making another available.

The situation changes week by week, if not hour by hour but I do know they're intently looking to strengthen and help the squad with reinforcements and up front is the priority.
SteH90
----------
----------

Post by SteH90 »

Thanks for the detailed response Stephen and welcome to Portchat. I’d say it’s a little harsher & more critical than Twitter but it is what it is! 😂
David_1276
----------
----------

Post by David_1276 »

Stephen-Killen wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:10 pm
David_1276 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:34 pm

Hi David, I'll do my best to answer this but I'm not working with the deals so can only pass what I've been told and know.

The impression I get is they're speaking to a lot of players, clubs, agents - the answers they're getting back I can't speculate (whether it's a straight no, wage demands etc, I will ask what conditions are when enquiries are made). But they are trying.

If tomorrow was going ahead, there would be four players back from injury.

I know an attacking option is close - if not agreed - but has suffered an injury and has gone for scans this morning. It is expected to be completed when fit. I know that doesn't sound good signing players with injuries but I believe the issue has recurred from pre-season which went untreated.

Other deals previously have had moving parts to them. E.g. clubs signing other players and possibly making another available.

The situation changes week by week, if not hour by hour but I do know they're intently looking to strengthen and help the squad with reinforcements and up front is the priority.
Thanks Stephen, I was considering sending you a DM on Twitter the other day but I'm glad you were able to clear any speculation up :lol:. Hopefully whoever that attacking option either knows how to hold a ball up or beat a man otherwise we'll be in for a sorry Winter.
Big Mac 1985
----------
----------

Post by Big Mac 1985 »

Hold on…so we’re in for another injured player? Haha.
Alan McDonald was more versatile than a Swiss Army knife.
Ste_B
----------
----------

Post by Ste_B »

Big Mac 1985 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:36 pm Hold on…so we’re in for another injured player? Haha.
It’s the same player we wanted before, still injured from the bank holiday.
Stephen-Killen
----------
----------

Post by Stephen-Killen »

Ste_B wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:45 am
Big Mac 1985 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:36 pm Hold on…so we’re in for another injured player? Haha.
I can confirm it isn't.

The player and move is/was ready to be done and on Thursday he picked up the problem.
yellosoul
----------
----------

Post by yellosoul »

Stephen-Killen wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:37 pm
Ste_B wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:45 am
I can confirm it isn't.

The player and move is/was ready to be done and on Thursday he picked up the problem.
At least he’s had the decency to get injured before we sign him
siddle
----------
----------

Post by siddle »

In typical Southport luck, we had deals agreed for two strikers both of whom then picked up injuries.
Mr Ah Yes
----------
----------

Post by Mr Ah Yes »

siddle wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:43 am In typical Southport luck, we had deals agreed for two strikers both of whom then picked up injuries.
Any chance we could show an interest in Erling Haaland. Asking for a friend.
portexileinbath
750 posts
750 posts

Post by portexileinbath »

Mr Ah Yes wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:21 pm
siddle wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:43 am In typical Southport luck, we had deals agreed for two strikers both of whom then picked up injuries.
Bet there wouldn't be any complaints about hoofball into the box with him as our No9 :lol:
PORT FOREVER
----------
----------

Post by PORT FOREVER »

portexileinbath wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:38 pm
Mr Ah Yes wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:21 pm
Bet there wouldn't be any complaints about hoofball into the box with him as our No9 :lol:
Because Manchester City are famed for their hoofball approach :roll:
loyal jay
----------
----------

Post by loyal jay »

As the transfer window does not apply to us, surely it's a matter of time till both are fit again so the transfer(s) can take place? Were we hoping to sign both strikers?
Paulisi
----------
----------

Post by Paulisi »

I doubt it.
Jordan is fit, Enoch has extended his loan and it is rumoured Niall Watson is close to full fitness