Banbury 3-1 Southport - Match Thread

Post by cavjj »

Ronnie Hotdogs
BASTARD
BASTARD

Re: Banbury 0-1 Southport - Match Thread

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Good Evans
I am at my most DANGEROUS and EFFECTIVE when UNDERESTIMATED.
Jonny Smith
----------
----------

Re: Banbury 3-1 Southport - Match Thread

Post by Jonny Smith »

Another injury. A red card.

Our fans really suffer following this club it’s really not fair on the supporters. We don’t deserve this dross
Exiled Port Fan
----------
----------

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

Jonny Smith wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:40 pm Another injury. A red card.

Our fans really suffer following this club it’s really not fair on the supporters. We don’t deserve this dross
Delighted we are losing aren't you.
Scotch Egg
----------
----------

Post by Scotch Egg »

That small squad is being sorely tested already. It's only just September.
Jonny Smith
----------
----------

Post by Jonny Smith »

Exiled Port Fan wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:42 pm

What are you on about. I want the team to win everything and be succesful but please tell me how anyone can put up with this anymore. Think we deserve better
Sandgrounder SE
----------
----------

Post by Sandgrounder SE »

I really thought we could get something from this, particularly at HT.
Nothing but struggle ahead.
Alanpsukie

Post by Alanpsukie »

Haven’t posted on here for a long time now. But seriously nothing has changed in years . Same old , year in year out .. really don’t understand why the hell watson is still in charge
Chilled
----------
----------

Post by Chilled »

We mustn’t be in a results business at this club - Ian just laps this up week after week - laughable really
Jonny Smith
----------
----------

Post by Jonny Smith »

Chilled wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:51 pm We mustn’t be in a results business at this club - Ian just laps this up week after week - laughable really
Ian needs to be strong now and sort this mess out once snd for all although Liam is a legend he must step down
Last edited by Jonny Smith on Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:14 am, edited 4 times in total.
Port on the Kent
----------
----------

Post by Port on the Kent »

I didn't attend today, thought better of it. Will see the comments from those who attended.

I've seen enough of these matches over the last few years to have a fairly good idea what happened. We will have worked hard, huffed and puffed in the usual way, smacked it long and nicked one from a set piece and then got comfortably dispatched by a team who actually played football and passed the ball. Am I far wrong?

Quansah red card will only be a one match ban. Hope Mason is okay, if he's going to be out we need to bring someone in as we all love Tony Mac but he can't be number one for several weeks.

Watson could take us to the North West Counties and his job would be the safest in the country. Ian is completely in awe of him, so you may as well save your posts.
Exiled Port Fan
----------
----------

Jonny Smith wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:44 pm

What are you on about. I want the team to win everything and be succesful but please tell me how anyone can put up with this anymore. Think we deserve better
100 posts, but 0 posts on the Boston thread, 1 post on the Darlo thread (about searching people). Yet before we even lose you are jumping at any chance to slag the club off. Ergo, you are happiest when we are losing, at least with respect to posting....
Jonny Smith
----------
----------

Post by Jonny Smith »

Exiled Port Fan wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:59 pm

100 posts, but 0 posts on the Boston thread, 1 post on the Darlo thread (about searching people). Yet before we even lose you are jumping at any chance to slag the club off. Ergo, you are happiest when we are losing, at least with respect to posting....
Ok so your happy with the current situation? Deary me you must live a boring life
Stratford Excile
----------
----------

Post by Stratford Excile »

How does Watson survive,any other club and he would have been long gone by now.

Taxi for Mr Watson please!
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

7 points from 7 games. It's not great but it's better than the 3 points we had after 7 games last season.
Not saying I'm delighted, just trying to dampen some of the inevitable hysteria, but I see I'm too late for that.
We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.
Sandgrounder SE
----------
----------

Post by Sandgrounder SE »

Last season only two were relegated. Now it’s four.
GeorgeCarrExcavation
----------
----------

Post by GeorgeCarrExcavation »

Ralphy Rylance wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:06 pm 7 points from 7 games. It's not great but it's better than the 3 points we had after 7 games last season.
Not saying I'm delighted, just trying to dampen some of the inevitable hysteria, but I see I'm too late for that.
1 Point per game = relegation.
Exiled Port Fan
----------
----------

Jonny Smith wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:01 pm

Ok so your happy with the current situation? Deary me you must live a boring life
As I have consistently said over the past 2 weeks (Inc today on the transfer thread), my only concern is having a financially solvent team come next summer. Being crap is annoying, being bankrupt would be far worse. This might be the gravest winter English football has ever faced, having a few pennies in April might be our greatest ever win.
tomherold
----------
----------

Post by tomherold »

Exiled Port Fan wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:11 pm
Jonny Smith wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:01 pm

As I have consistently said over the past 2 weeks (Inc today on the transfer thread), my only concern is having a financially solvent team come next summer. Being crap is annoying, being bankrupt would be far worse. This might be the gravest winter English football has ever faced, having a few pennies in April might be our greatest ever win.
No one asked fella
portexileinbath
750 posts
750 posts

Post by portexileinbath »

It must all be the fault of a Tory government, or you would thinks so by the purile chanting. First game of the season for me and I felt obliged to appologise to the BUFC fans around me and the very helpful & friendly stewards. There is banter and there is foul mouthed abuse. A totally crap display is no excuse.