Chorley

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Ste_B
----------
----------

Re: Chorley

Post by Ste_B »

george wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:10 pm Can any of you football stats people name 1 football manager with a similar recent record of ourselves, that didn't get sacked?,
Paul Carden at Telford?
kiaken
----------
----------

Post by kiaken »

PortDan1121 wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:41 pm
kiaken wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:43 am Even club not interested in game,just tell us someone having haircut. Would be more interested in at least one signing.
I mean. It is for charity. Bit more than someone just going to the barbers. Agreed and good luck to him, my problem is lack of news on players, injury updates or new player. Not much to ask.
Rls
----------
----------

Post by Rls »

After travelling to Banbury and seeing that utter capitulation in the second half, I’ll be taking myself off to play cricket instead.

Draw if we’re lucky. Heavy defeat if not.
Attendance: propped up by travelling support from Chorley
PORT FOREVER
----------
----------

Post by PORT FOREVER »

tonyhey wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:36 pm Hopefully, none of the players will read read these posts prior to the game, hardly inspiring are they.
And?

If they read a fans forum for a team playing so poorly, what do they really expect?

Comes with the territory of being a footballer. It's not abuse, but the fans are not happy. Most of this is aimed at Liam Watson and his dinosaur tactics, to be fair. The players are only doing what is tactically asked of them.
yellosoul
----------
----------

Post by yellosoul »

PORT FOREVER wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:39 am
tonyhey wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:36 pm Hopefully, none of the players will read read these posts prior to the game, hardly inspiring are they.
And?

If they read a fans forum for a team playing so poorly, what do they really expect?

Comes with the territory of being a footballer. It's not abuse, but the fans are not happy. Most of this is aimed at Liam Watson and his dinosaur tactics, to be fair. The players are only doing what is tactically asked of them.
Completely agree

And if our players are so delicate/sensitive that their performances are directly affected by anonymous generic comments on an Internet forum perhaps they shouldn’t be playing football at this level
PortInTheSouth
----------
----------

Post by PortInTheSouth »

And?

This. 100% agree.

As supporters, we only moan beacuse we care. In no way is it absuive to make a prediction that we will lose or say we're not playing well. At the end of the day, all we want is the best for the club.
Ste_B
----------
----------

Post by Ste_B »

Home win.
Last edited by Ste_B on Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

P-P due to national mourning (as opposed to Port Chat moaning)
We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.
Annonymous_fan
----------
----------

Post by Annonymous_fan »

Would anyone take the defeat for Watson to be sacked (I know it won’t happen). Short term pain for long term gain😂
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Annonymous_fan wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:34 pm Would anyone take the defeat for Watson to be sacked (I know it won’t happen). Short term pain for long term gain😂
Have we ever had any long term gain?
SteH90
----------
----------

Post by SteH90 »

And?

Totally. Said it last season and seemingly have to repeat it - it is not PortChats role to boost players confidence by not criticising them or predicting only wins. Everyone’s opinion is allowed unless it’s offensive.
Port on the Kent
----------
----------

Post by Port on the Kent »

It's a cliche but I think this is a first goal wins match. If we can nudge ahead I can see us doing what we did to Darlo and seeing out a 1-0 win, backs to the walls if necessary.

Concede first and we will probably caputulate, heads will drop and we could be looking at a 0-3.

Crowd of 1,037 with 162 away.
Redrobe fan
----------
----------

Post by Redrobe fan »

Postponed?
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Redrobe fan wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:38 pm Postponed?
Any games tomorrow have been cancelled. Decisions on weekend sporting events will be made tomorrow.
Swedes
----------
----------

Post by Swedes »

PortInTheSouth wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:01 pm
And?

This. 100% agree.

As supporters, we only moan beacuse we care. In no way is it absuive to make a prediction that we will lose or say we're not playing well. At the end of the day, all we want is the best for the club.
Most footballers take anything written on a fans forum with a pinch of salt anyway. As fans we think we know a lot, but the reality is most of us know sweet FA about the inner workings of the game.
PORT FOREVER
----------
----------

Post by PORT FOREVER »

Surely the game cannot go ahead?

The queen has just passed. The country is in mourning.

Do the right thing SFC.
Alan Spences Pupil
----------
----------

Post by Alan Spences Pupil »

It would be great to win, but I would like to see a committed performance similar to the Darlington game were we chased the opposition at every opportunity & earned the win, I have not seen this enough for too long now, either read the team the riot act or go, simple as that Watson.
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

PORT FOREVER wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:01 am Surely the game cannot go ahead?

The queen has just passed. The country is in mourning.

Do the right thing SFC.
The right thing would be to WIN IT FOR LIZZIE, IT'S WHAT SHE WOULD.OF WANTED.
But it's for the football authorities to decide so expect it to be off.
puskas
----------
----------

Post by puskas »

IMO It would be a good idea if people stopped making speculative postponement announcements. Lets see what is announced.

It can only put people off attending the match. I am sat here at 9-45am on Friday and some games are on, some are off. . . BBC teletext which I think is usually on time with the news doesn't say a blanket postponement tomorrow.
From the Shores of the River Ribble
To the Banks of Fine Janes Brook
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

puskas wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:45 am IMO It would be a good idea if people stopped making speculative postponement announcements. Lets see what is announced.

It can only put people off attending the match. I am sat here at 9-45am on Friday and some games are on, some are off. . . BBC teletext which I think is usually on time with the news doesn't say a blanket postponement tomorrow.
It's a prediction thread, what else would one expect but speculation?