Chorley

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Exiled Port Fan
----------
----------
Posts: 421
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:50 pm

Re: Chorley

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

DCMS have said it is up to individual governing bodies to make the decision for their sport.

For reference, football went ahead after her father died, as a possible precedent.
Exiled Port Fan
----------
----------
Posts: 421
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:50 pm

Re: Chorley

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

However Premier and Football league fixtures now off, so I presume the National League will follow suit.
tonyhey
----------
----------
Posts: 203
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:38 pm

Re: Chorley

Post by tonyhey »

Officially OFF.
NonLeagueFan2022
----------
----------
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:12 pm

Re: Chorley

Post by NonLeagueFan2022 »

Darlington on September 17 will also be postponed.
loyal jay
----------
----------
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:09 pm

Re: Chorley

Post by loyal jay »

Undefeated this weekend and have time to get the walking wounded some respite.
PORT FOREVER
----------
----------
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:54 pm

Re: Chorley

Post by PORT FOREVER »

Correct decision.

It would not feel right standing in the Jack Carr Stand singing my heart out when the queen has just passed.

See you all in a few weeks, when we all have had time to digest the sad news.
Ronnie Hotdogs
BASTARD
BASTARD
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:34 pm

Re: Chorley

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Footballing authorities in "pathetic, spineless idiots" shock.
I am at my most DANGEROUS and EFFECTIVE when UNDERESTIMATED.
Exiled Port Fan
----------
----------
Posts: 421
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:50 pm

Re: Chorley

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

NonLeagueFan2022 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:04 pm Darlington on September 17 will also be postponed.
Statement from club/authorities said fixtures will resume from after Monday, with the exception of the day of the funeral
superbike999
----------
----------
Posts: 431
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:21 pm

Re: Chorley

Post by superbike999 »

NonLeagueFan2022 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:04 pm Darlington on September 17 will also be postponed.
According to the BBC website this morning (within the last minute), this FA Cup qualifier is still scheduled to be played on that date

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/sc ... 2022-09-17
User avatar
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Posts: 768
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:48 pm

Re: Chorley

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

PORT FOREVER wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:45 pm Correct decision.

It would not feel right standing in the Jack Carr Stand singing my heart out when the queen has just passed.

See you all in a few weeks, when we all have had time to digest the sad news.
How many weeks does one need?
Most employers give you 3-5 days compassionate leave when a member of your own family dies. Nobody needs more than that for someone they've never met and was unrelated to.
Life goes on, the queen is dead, long live the king, as the saying goes.
We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.
NonLeagueFan2022
----------
----------
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:12 pm

Re: Chorley

Post by NonLeagueFan2022 »

superbike999 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:25 pm
NonLeagueFan2022 wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:04 pm Darlington on September 17 will also be postponed.
According to the BBC website this morning (within the last minute), this FA Cup qualifier is still scheduled to be played on that date

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/sc ... 2022-09-17
Ah, I thought it would've been on Saturday 17th - the National League's statement [https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/st ... ures-72294] says no sporting event is due to be held on the day of the funeral but there is still no official confirmation on the date for the funeral
GeorgeCarrExcavation
----------
----------
Posts: 126
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:45 pm

Re: Chorley

Post by GeorgeCarrExcavation »

Ralphy Rylance wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:03 pm
PORT FOREVER wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:45 pm Correct decision.

It would not feel right standing in the Jack Carr Stand singing my heart out when the queen has just passed.

See you all in a few weeks, when we all have had time to digest the sad news.
How many weeks does one need?
Most employers give you 3-5 days compassionate leave when a member of your own family dies. Nobody needs more than that for someone they've never met and was unrelated to.
Life goes on, the queen is dead, long live the king, as the saying goes.
I agree. It's no use just sitting around moping. Life goes on.
Liamisdoingagreatjob
----------
----------
Posts: 267
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:55 pm

Re: Chorley

Post by Liamisdoingagreatjob »

GeorgeCarrExcavation wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:17 pm
Ralphy Rylance wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:03 pm
PORT FOREVER wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 12:45 pm Correct decision.

It would not feel right standing in the Jack Carr Stand singing my heart out when the queen has just passed.

See you all in a few weeks, when we all have had time to digest the sad news.
How many weeks does one need?
Most employers give you 3-5 days compassionate leave when a member of your own family dies. Nobody needs more than that for someone they've never met and was unrelated to.
Life goes on, the queen is dead, long live the king, as the saying goes.
I agree. It's no use just sitting around moping. Life goes on.
Thats a pleasant attitude to take, the world is so much better for you airing your view.... I hope people don't take a similar compassionate 'just get on with it' view if you ever have challenges in life....
In my view its a time for reflection, particularly for those of us who have lost loved ones of similar age over recent times.
I don't think anyone is expecting everyone to shut up shop on everything for 2 weeks but a bit of respect doesn't go amiss. If anyone really can't suffer not seeing southport play for a couple of weeks well that says it all about their character in my view...
GeorgeCarrExcavation
----------
----------
Posts: 126
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:45 pm

Re: Chorley

Post by GeorgeCarrExcavation »

Liamisdoingagreatjob wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:24 pm
GeorgeCarrExcavation wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:17 pm
Ralphy Rylance wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:03 pm

How many weeks does one need?
Most employers give you 3-5 days compassionate leave when a member of your own family dies. Nobody needs more than that for someone they've never met and was unrelated to.
Life goes on, the queen is dead, long live the king, as the saying goes.
I agree. It's no use just sitting around moping. Life goes on.
Thats a pleasant attitude to take, the world is so much better for you airing your view.... I hope people don't take a similar compassionate 'just get on with it' view if you ever have challenges in life....
In my view its a time for reflection, particularly for those of us who have lost loved ones of similar age over recent times.
I don't think anyone is expecting everyone to shut up shop on everything for 2 weeks but a bit of respect doesn't go amiss. If anyone really can't suffer not seeing southport play for a couple of weeks well that says it all about their character in my view...
You are quite correct - it definitely is a time for reflection and I have been. I can do that at a windswept Haig Avenue just as well as anywhere else.
User avatar
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Posts: 768
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:48 pm

Re: Chorley

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Liamisdoingagreatjob wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:24 pm
GeorgeCarrExcavation wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:17 pm
Ralphy Rylance wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:03 pm

How many weeks does one need?
Most employers give you 3-5 days compassionate leave when a member of your own family dies. Nobody needs more than that for someone they've never met and was unrelated to.
Life goes on, the queen is dead, long live the king, as the saying goes.
I agree. It's no use just sitting around moping. Life goes on.
Thats a pleasant attitude to take, the world is so much better for you airing your view.... I hope people don't take a similar compassionate 'just get on with it' view if you ever have challenges in life....
In my view its a time for reflection, particularly for those of us who have lost loved ones of similar age over recent times.
I don't think anyone is expecting everyone to shut up shop on everything for 2 weeks but a bit of respect doesn't go amiss. If anyone really can't suffer not seeing southport play for a couple of weeks well that says it all about their character in my view...
I'd have thought sporting events where people are together with teammates, family, friends, fellow citizens is an ideal place to show respect. It's done often enough with pre-match minutes silences.

Now it's a case of people changing their plans and finding something else that might be taking place if they don't want to stay in and listen to sombre music on the radio. Not to mention those losing income from closed venues.
We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.
Liamisdoingagreatjob
----------
----------
Posts: 267
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:55 pm

Re: Chorley

Post by Liamisdoingagreatjob »

Ralphy Rylance wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:50 pm
Liamisdoingagreatjob wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:24 pm
GeorgeCarrExcavation wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:17 pm
I agree. It's no use just sitting around moping. Life goes on.
Thats a pleasant attitude to take, the world is so much better for you airing your view.... I hope people don't take a similar compassionate 'just get on with it' view if you ever have challenges in life....
In my view its a time for reflection, particularly for those of us who have lost loved ones of similar age over recent times.
I don't think anyone is expecting everyone to shut up shop on everything for 2 weeks but a bit of respect doesn't go amiss. If anyone really can't suffer not seeing southport play for a couple of weeks well that says it all about their character in my view...
I'd have thought sporting events where people are together with teammates, family, friends, fellow citizens is an ideal place to show respect. It's done often enough with pre-match minutes silences.

Now it's a case of people changing their plans and finding something else that might be taking place if they don't want to stay in and listen to sombre music on the radio. Not to mention those losing income from closed venues.
I don't think anyone is saying shut the country down for weeks but if we can't mark such a significant passing by a small interruption to normal life its pretty sad....
Mr Ah Yes
----------
----------
Posts: 106
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:35 pm

Re: Chorley

Post by Mr Ah Yes »

Liamisdoingagreatjob wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:04 pm
Ralphy Rylance wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:50 pm
Liamisdoingagreatjob wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:24 pm
Thats a pleasant attitude to take, the world is so much better for you airing your view.... I hope people don't take a similar compassionate 'just get on with it' view if you ever have challenges in life....
In my view its a time for reflection, particularly for those of us who have lost loved ones of similar age over recent times.
I don't think anyone is expecting everyone to shut up shop on everything for 2 weeks but a bit of respect doesn't go amiss. If anyone really can't suffer not seeing southport play for a couple of weeks well that says it all about their character in my view...
I'd have thought sporting events where people are together with teammates, family, friends, fellow citizens is an ideal place to show respect. It's done often enough with pre-match minutes silences.

Now it's a case of people changing their plans and finding something else that might be taking place if they don't want to stay in and listen to sombre music on the radio. Not to mention those losing income from closed venues.
I don't think anyone is saying shut the country down for weeks but if we can't mark such a significant passing by a small interruption to normal life its pretty sad....
So are the shops shutting as well in the middle of Saturday afternoon?
We stand and commemorate the fallen every November as a mark of respect, and it regularly happens during a season for former players, directors etc (as at Alfreton).
User avatar
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Posts: 768
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:48 pm

Re: Chorley

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Liamisdoingagreatjob wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:04 pm
Ralphy Rylance wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:50 pm
Liamisdoingagreatjob wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:24 pm
Thats a pleasant attitude to take, the world is so much better for you airing your view.... I hope people don't take a similar compassionate 'just get on with it' view if you ever have challenges in life....
In my view its a time for reflection, particularly for those of us who have lost loved ones of similar age over recent times.
I don't think anyone is expecting everyone to shut up shop on everything for 2 weeks but a bit of respect doesn't go amiss. If anyone really can't suffer not seeing southport play for a couple of weeks well that says it all about their character in my view...
I'd have thought sporting events where people are together with teammates, family, friends, fellow citizens is an ideal place to show respect. It's done often enough with pre-match minutes silences.

Now it's a case of people changing their plans and finding something else that might be taking place if they don't want to stay in and listen to sombre music on the radio. Not to mention those losing income from closed venues.
I don't think anyone is saying shut the country down for weeks but if we can't mark such a significant passing by a small interruption to normal life its pretty sad....
Yes i am aware it's not a 2 week national shutdown of everything. I was specifically referring to the weekend's sport and whatever else is closed.

How many kids will be indoors on their xbox instead of playing or watching sport this weekend?

I've probably paid more respect to the dead at football matches than i have anywhere else in my entire life.
We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.
Exiled Port Fan
----------
----------
Posts: 421
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:50 pm

Re: Chorley

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

Rugby and cricket are going ahead....
tomherold
----------
----------
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:48 am

Re: Chorley

Post by tomherold »

Null and void the season
Post Reply