Chorley

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
SfcFPA
----------
----------

Re: Chorley

Post by SfcFPA »

Exiled Port Fan wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:48 pm Rugby and cricket are going ahead....
Southport Rugby Club's Second XV are at home to Preston Grasshoppers for anyone interested. kick off 3pm
---
One Club Since 1888
https://amzn.to/3BlNHHM
---
Visit our website: Southport FC Former Players Association
formerplayers@southportfootballclub.co.uk
@SouthportfcFPA
Join our lottery for a chance to win £25,000
Http://sfc1881.uk/Lottery
george
----------
----------

Post by george »

Port chat forbids post's that get personal, so I won't, are Queen of 70 years has just passed, so bollocks to football for a few days out of respect, end of.
Rip Queen Elizabeth
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

george wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:00 am Port chat forbids post's that get personal, so I won't, are Queen of 70 years has just passed, so bollocks to football for a few days out of respect, end of.
Rip Queen Elizabeth
I take it you'll be cutting your holiday short, out of respect, and will be berating all the other sports and events that are going ahead as planned this weekend.
Last edited by Ralphy Rylance on Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.
Ronnie Hotdogs
BASTARD
BASTARD

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

All true patriots should really have taken their own lives by now, as a world without the Queen in it is not worth living in. I certainly have.

It's bin day on Tuesday where I live. As a Mark Of Respect to people who don't care what I'm doing and won't notice, I will not be putting my bins out. This is because people who are better than me are sad, and as such the football authorities have determined I should not be seen to be doing anything but grieving for someone I didn't know until they tell me so.

Enjoying being told what to do makes me morally superior to those who don't. Anyone who objects to this mad, unjustifiable bullshit clearly fails to appreciate the benefits of living in a country where we can enjoy the amazing togetherness that comes with not being together or enjoying ourselves
I am at my most DANGEROUS and EFFECTIVE when UNDERESTIMATED.
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:39 am All true patriots should really have taken their own lives by now, as a world without the Queen in it is not worth living in. I certainly have.

It's bin day on Tuesday where I live. As a Mark Of Respect to people who don't care what I'm doing and won't notice, I will not be putting my bins out. This is because people who are better than me are sad, and as such the football authorities have determined I should not be seen to be doing anything but grieving for someone I didn't know until they tell me so.

Enjoying being told what to do makes me morally superior to those who don't. Anyone who objects to this mad, unjustifiable bullshit clearly fails to appreciate the benefits of living in a country where we can enjoy the amazing togetherness that comes with not being together or enjoying ourselves
Make sure you've got your poppy ready by mid October.
We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.
Jonny Smith
----------
----------

Post by Jonny Smith »

Ronnie Hotdogs wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:39 am All true patriots should really have taken their own lives by now, as a world without the Queen in it is not worth living in. I certainly have.

DISRESPECTFUL
Liamisdoingagreatjob
----------
----------

Post by Liamisdoingagreatjob »

As someone who has had a close friend take their own life I think your post is shameful...it is not a subject to be made into a joke. Moderator please act.
Jonny Smith
----------
----------

Post by Jonny Smith »

Liamisdoingagreatjob wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:03 pm

As someone who has had a close friend take their own life I think your post is shameful...it is not a subject to be made into a joke. Moderator please act.
Totally agree with Liamisdoingagreatjob. Who is this Ronnie hotdogs? A disgraceful post
cavjj
Carl Soloman
Carl Soloman

Post by cavjj »

Liamisdoingagreatjob wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:03 pm As someone who has had a close friend take their own life I think your post is shameful...it is not a subject to be made into a joke. Moderator please act.
While I sympathise that you experienced a tragedy in this way, I can’t see anything that justifies the removal of, what is really, quite a tame joke in an otherwise brilliant assessment into how this country has absolutely lost its mind the past few days.
Jonny Smith wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:26 pm Totally agree with Liamisdoingagreatjob. Who is this Ronnie hotdogs? A disgraceful post
This though, I’m afraid, won’t fly and I refer you to rule 4f. We won’t be having any Portchat 1.0 style identity witch hunts on here cheers.
Ronnie Hotdogs
BASTARD
BASTARD

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Jonny Smith wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:26 pm
Liamisdoingagreatjob wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:03 pm

Totally agree with Liamisdoingagreatjob. Who is this Ronnie hotdogs? A disgraceful post
It's me.

I am sorry for your loss but it's very, very obviously not a joke about suicide, and the only people it "disrespects" are the divs who have taken this decision and those who have taken it upon themselves to impose their views on the rest of us.

I've no wish to offend anyone and would happily remove anything if I'd done so, but I don't think I really have. It is profoundly depressing how easily people resort to emotional blackmail when people state a contrary opinion - "that says it all about their character in my view".
Redrobe
----------
----------

Post by Redrobe »

I have tried to stay out of this but I just can’t “Those that have taken it upon themselves to impose their views on the rest of us” would include you then?
Ronnie Hotdogs
BASTARD
BASTARD

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

I'm not stopping anyone doing anything, am I? Expressing a view is not "imposing" it on anyone and is not the same as preventing a load of people doing something, which is what the footballing authorities have done.
Liamisdoingagreatjob
----------
----------

cavjj wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:21 pm
Liamisdoingagreatjob wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:03 pm As someone who has had a close friend take their own life I think your post is shameful...it is not a subject to be made into a joke. Moderator please act.
While I sympathise that you experienced a tragedy in this way, I can’t see anything that justifies the removal of, what is really, quite a tame joke in an otherwise brilliant assessment into how this country has absolutely lost its mind the past few days.
Jonny Smith wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:26 pm Totally agree with Liamisdoingagreatjob. Who is this Ronnie hotdogs? A disgraceful post
This though, I’m afraid, won’t fly and I refer you to rule 4f. We won’t be having any Portchat 1.0 style identity witch hunts on here cheers.
To be quite honest while I accept that Ronnie Hotdogs probably didn't mean harm or think about implications of what he put I think it's a sad indicator of you as a so called moderator that you see what you term a 'tame joke' about suicide as acceptable. I don't think it's any joking matter. I hope you never have to suffer the pain and misery it involves for those left behind. Your lack of moderation intervention is a poor reflection on portchat.
cavjj
Carl Soloman
Carl Soloman

Post by cavjj »

Liamisdoingagreatjob wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:21 pm I hope you never have to suffer the pain and misery it involves for those left behind.
I already have, on several occasions, so you may want to give this a rest.
Liamisdoingagreatjob
----------
----------

cavjj wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:24 pm
Liamisdoingagreatjob wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:21 pm I hope you never have to suffer the pain and misery it involves for those left behind.
I already have, on several occasions, so you may want to give this a rest.
Then I'm shocked even more at your tolerance to it.
Redrobe
----------
----------

Post by Redrobe »

Actually Ronnie, I accept your point.
TrickyDicky
----------
----------

Post by TrickyDicky »

Anyway shame you all missed us winning 5-1 today, hat trick by Tyler , Tony Mc from the spot and a late OG by Matty Chaloner, 90 mins of silence observed by our back four practised at Banbury last week, King ( Dion ) Charles was a happy spectator . Roll on Tuesday , Chester away wohayyyy 🤨
Hitchers
----------
----------

Post by Hitchers »

Eagerly awaiting Port on the Kent's assessment on today's game
george
----------
----------

Post by george »

I work for company which looks after supermarkets ,so when it's my turn to work Boxing day,I turn into the car park,and Boxing morning people are waiting for the supermarket to open,I felt I could smack each one in the nose ,then having thought about it,I lost my anger ,and felt a bit sorry for them.
So my point is,that there are many reasons why different people feel differently about things, so I totally understand why some people feel the way they do about the present situation, but if the biggest things in your life are missing a couple of football games,then I don't feel angry, but I feel sorry for you a bit.
Up the port
kiaken
----------
----------

Post by kiaken »

Port chat sinks to new low.