Chester 1-0 Southport - Match Thread

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
badger
----------
----------

Re: Chester 1-0 Southport - Match Thread

Post by badger »

He is making the club and himself a laughing stock . I think we will go down if he stays.
Jonny Smith
----------
----------

Post by Jonny Smith »

Pretty sure Watson and Kyle don’t read portchat so he won’t be arsed or will be oblivious to how the fans feel
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

BlankPort wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:36 am
george wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:08 am Apart from the first game,it isn't going very well is it.
I don't quite understand what the management thought was going to happen, Fans always live in hope,but what exactly was the plan, same team,minus 2 of the best players, same crap tactics, and voilà..........we need a win,quickly, how,do what we should have done pre season, and get some experience in,yer I know, we haven't got the money, and,blah, blah, ect,seems all the other pub teams we play seem to manage, Watson is killing thus club
Week in week out people come on this forum and say Watson has to go. My question to those people is simply this, if all you do is come on here and type a message week in week out, what do you honestly expect to change?

I haven't seen for example a banner with Watson out at a game, if you truly want Watson out, why don't you stop typing on a forum and actually act at games. They can't stop you holding your banner or stop you chanting for Watson to leave, so what is stopping you?

If you truly believe that Ian will listen to fans, make your voice heard at games not a forum which is just ramblings of a few fans
Why don't you bring one instead of posting the same thing on here twice?
We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.
BlankPort
----------
----------

Post by BlankPort »

Ralphy Rylance wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:52 pm
george wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:08 am Apart from the first game,it isn't going very well is it.
I don't quite understand what the management thought was going to happen, Fans always live in hope,but what exactly was the plan, same team,minus 2 of the best players, same crap tactics, and voilà..........we need a win,quickly, how,do what we should have done pre season, and get some experience in,yer I know, we haven't got the money, and,blah, blah, ect,seems all the other pub teams we play seem to manage, Watson is killing thus club
Week in week out people come on this forum and say Watson has to go. My question to those people is simply this, if all you do is come on here and type a message week in week out, what do you honestly expect to change?

I haven't seen for example a banner with Watson out at a game, if you truly want Watson out, why don't you stop typing on a forum and actually act at games. They can't stop you holding your banner or stop you chanting for Watson to leave, so what is stopping you?

If you truly believe that Ian will listen to fans, make your voice heard at games not a forum which is just ramblings of a few fans
Ralph you are back! Or did you just not reply to my response last time.... Oh wait that's it, you didn't. You went on to a different thread at the time to get on to other user's views and opinions in a sarcastic manner. Couldn't hack my logical response.

Have I asked for his head this season? No. Why don't you keep your 'bemoaning' of people's opinions to yourself again pal. I can copy and paste and respond to people's posts as much as I want, it's called challenging people's views but for you it's bemoaning or a issue.

Or am I the only one who thinks that people love to complain about Watson on all the threads but actually do nothing meaningful. Groundhog Day Forum.
Realtalk
----------
----------

Post by Realtalk »

Jonny Smith wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:44 pm Pretty sure Watson and Kyle don’t read portchat so he won’t be arsed or will be oblivious to how the fans feel
Shown Kyle does read portchat but needs a friend and doesn't care what the punters think
cavjj
Carl Soloman
Carl Soloman

Post by cavjj »

SteH90 wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:25 pm Finally, does anyone know what our record is when we concede the first goal? And also how many goals do we concede early in second halves?
Since the start of last season, we've conceded first in 17 league games. We recovered 4 draws and 1 win.

Since the start of last season we scored first in 26 league games. 15 wins, 5 draws and 6 losses.

Can't help with the goal timing question I'm afraid.
Stratford Excile
----------
----------

Post by Stratford Excile »

Totally true!
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

BlankPort wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:00 pm

Ralph you are back! Or did you just not reply to my response last time.... Oh wait that's it, you didn't. You went on to a different thread at the time to get on to other user's views and opinions in a sarcastic manner. Couldn't hack my logical response.

Have I asked for his head this season? No. Why don't you keep your 'bemoaning' of people's opinions to yourself again pal. I can copy and paste and respond to people's posts as much as I want, it's called challenging people's views but for you it's bemoaning or a issue.

Or am I the only one who thinks that people love to complain about Watson on all the threads but actually do nothing meaningful. Groundhog Day Forum.
Sorry, I didnt realise it was compulsory to answer your questions before making any other posts. It will happen again.
BlankPort
----------
----------

Post by BlankPort »

Ralphy Rylance wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:36 pm

Sorry, I didnt realise it was compulsory to answer your questions before making any other posts. It will happen again.
Sorry Ralph, I didn't realise that it is compulsory for you to make remarks against other users in bad judgement and not be able to respond to someone proving you wrong. 'It will happen again' goes to show your approach towards engaging individuals on this platform. Great response again tho, no mention of my other comments, because again you can't have a simple conversation.
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

BlankPort wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:03 pm
Ralphy Rylance wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:36 pm

Sorry Ralph, I didn't realise that it is compulsory for you to make remarks against other users in bad judgement and not be able to respond to someone proving you wrong. 'It will happen again' goes to show your approach towards engaging individuals on this platform. Great response again tho, no mention of my other comments, because again you can't have a simple conversation.
It's a forum for opinions. I'll respond to some, ignore others, agree with some, disagree with others.

If my judgement has been bad on occasion in your opinion, fair enough. Everyone is free to ignore me or disagree with me if they choose.

I'd assumed that a "Watson out" banner was something you'd like to see given that you've made the exact same suggestion 3 times in 2 threads. If that assumption is wrong i apologise

Don't take it personally, I don't.
SteH90
----------
----------

Post by SteH90 »

issy
----------
----------

Post by issy »

Just watched the video, which presumably is Chester biased, and I thought we were a bit unlucky. A couple of great chances missed.
David999
----------
----------

Post by David999 »

I agree issy on that evidence
SteH90
----------
----------

Post by SteH90 »

I would say being the better team in the first half doesn’t show up on the highlights as they were few gilt edged chances. The nearest we came was when we were playing poorly & Hmami hit the post. Any kind of sharpness up front would have seen us get a point.
optimickstic
----------
----------

Post by optimickstic »

Watched highlights we were close to getting something from the game. Their managers post match comments are worth a listen too, upbeat and enthusiastic as you would expect after the win he also made some good points both about the game and their situation which virtually mirrors ours ,except of course they have approx double the numbers of fans at the moment and that ? has enabled them to get loan players ,which we cant seem to do.