Liam Watson

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
PORT FOREVER
----------
----------
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:54 pm

Liam Watson

Post by PORT FOREVER »

It's time to go.

Thank you for everything, the league titles, and the years of service. The club has become stale, and the only option is to move upstairs in your director position.

The club cannot go on like this. Attendances are very low, already lots of fans will not come whilst you are manager. We cannot afford to keep losing fans.

Please, do the right thing, for the club and the fans.

Best wishes,

A very worried Southport FC fan.
BlankPort
----------
----------
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:37 pm

Re: Liam Watson

Post by BlankPort »

Copied and pasted from the Chester Thread.

Week in week out people come on this forum and say Watson has to go. My question to those people is simply this, if all you do is come on here and type a message week in week out, what do you honestly expect to change?

I haven't seen for example a banner with Watson out at a game, if you truly want Watson out, why don't you stop typing on a forum and actually act at games. They can't stop you holding your banner or stop you chanting for Watson to leave, so what is stopping you?

If you truly believe that Ian will listen to fans, make your voice heard at games not a forum which is just ramblings of a few fans.
Jonny Smith
----------
----------
Posts: 133
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:24 pm

Re: Liam Watson

Post by Jonny Smith »

PORT FOREVER wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:45 am It's time to go.

Thank you for everything, the league titles, and the years of service. The club has become stale, and the only option is to move upstairs in your director position.

The club cannot go on like this. Attendances are very low, already lots of fans will not come whilst you are manager. We cannot afford to keep losing fans.

Please, do the right thing, for the club and the fans.

Best wishes,

A very worried Southport FC fan.
Your wasting your time he will still be manager at the end of the season.
PORT FOREVER
----------
----------
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:54 pm

Re: Liam Watson

Post by PORT FOREVER »

BlankPort wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:47 am Copied and pasted from the Chester Thread.

Week in week out people come on this forum and say Watson has to go. My question to those people is simply this, if all you do is come on here and type a message week in week out, what do you honestly expect to change?

I haven't seen for example a banner with Watson out at a game, if you truly want Watson out, why don't you stop typing on a forum and actually act at games. They can't stop you holding your banner or stop you chanting for Watson to leave, so what is stopping you?

If you truly believe that Ian will listen to fans, make your voice heard at games not a forum which is just ramblings of a few fans.
So you are saying that unless I go to games and hold up a banner saying "watson out" then don't bother?

To be quite honest with you, I do not bother going to many games anymore. The football is awful, boring and predictable. I cannot be bothered wasting my time off watching that utter dross that is served up every single week without fail.

I know a lot of fans who refuse to come to ANY games whilst Liam Watson is in charge. I am more in the "pick and choose" my games category personally, but it's not exactly exciting stuff is it?

We are down to the loyal hardcore who will come no matter what, the floating fan and many other fans just won't come and watch us at the moment.

I won't be there on Saturday holding up a "watson out" banner, but until the powers that be realise just how stale the club is, it looks like he is going nowhere.
Gloucester man
----------
----------
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:58 pm

Re: Liam Watson

Post by Gloucester man »

If we are brutality honest who else could we get in at present to do a better job with the resources available?
I personally would hate to go back to the magic roundabout we're our managers last 6 months if their lucky!
Speaking for myself I like the approach of Marine in the past with Roly Howard and Paul Holleran at Leamington.
We have to accept we haven't the resources to go hell for leather at promotion at present so we will have to build within what we can afford.
I think the scouting system needs looking at seriously that is were I think both Roly Howard and Paul Holleran beat us hands down, but think we have a good coach in T with Liam and we are just going to have to make the best of it and be realistic at present.
Unless we can get some really good.
Last edited by Gloucester man on Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PORT FOREVER
----------
----------
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:54 pm

Re: Liam Watson

Post by PORT FOREVER »

Gloucester man wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:42 pm If we are brutality honest who else could we get in at present to do a better job with the resources available?
I personally would hate to go back to the magic roundabout we're our managers last 6 months if their lucky!
Speaking for myself I like the approach of Marine in the past with Roly Howard and Paul Holleran at Leamington.
We have to accept we haven't the resources to go hell for leather at promotion at present so we will have to build within what we can afford.
I think the scouting system needs looking at seriously that is were I think both Roly Howard and Paul Holleran beat us hands down, but think we have a good coach in T with Liam and we are just going to have to make the best of it and be realistic at present.
Steve Mcnulty has just taken over at Bootle. Richard Brodie has just taken over at Skem.

Surely both of these are worth a look?
Gloucester man
----------
----------
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:58 pm

Re: Liam Watson

Post by Gloucester man »

I don't know the NW coaching scence like you so cannot disagree
BlankPort
----------
----------
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:37 pm

Re: Liam Watson

Post by BlankPort »

PORT FOREVER wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:58 pm
BlankPort wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:47 am Copied and pasted from the Chester Thread.

Week in week out people come on this forum and say Watson has to go. My question to those people is simply this, if all you do is come on here and type a message week in week out, what do you honestly expect to change?

I haven't seen for example a banner with Watson out at a game, if you truly want Watson out, why don't you stop typing on a forum and actually act at games. They can't stop you holding your banner or stop you chanting for Watson to leave, so what is stopping you?

If you truly believe that Ian will listen to fans, make your voice heard at games not a forum which is just ramblings of a few fans.
So you are saying that unless I go to games and hold up a banner saying "watson out" then don't bother?

To be quite honest with you, I do not bother going to many games anymore. The football is awful, boring and predictable. I cannot be bothered wasting my time off watching that utter dross that is served up every single week without fail.

I know a lot of fans who refuse to come to ANY games whilst Liam Watson is in charge. I am more in the "pick and choose" my games category personally, but it's not exactly exciting stuff is it?

We are down to the loyal hardcore who will come no matter what, the floating fan and many other fans just won't come and watch us at the moment.

I won't be there on Saturday holding up a "watson out" banner, but until the powers that be realise just how stale the club is, it looks like he is going nowhere.
Totally understandable viewpoint and I agree with your response. The banner is example, there are a vast amount of ways to convey to the club individual view points of the current manager.

Watson won't disappear anytime soon, so sadly yourself and others won't be coming back regularly.

I understand the frustration regarding the current situation, I have just one question, if Watson steps aside as manager, would you still want him as a Director?
PORT FOREVER
----------
----------
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:54 pm

Re: Liam Watson

Post by PORT FOREVER »

BlankPort wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:13 pm
PORT FOREVER wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:58 pm
BlankPort wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:47 am Copied and pasted from the Chester Thread.

Week in week out people come on this forum and say Watson has to go. My question to those people is simply this, if all you do is come on here and type a message week in week out, what do you honestly expect to change?

I haven't seen for example a banner with Watson out at a game, if you truly want Watson out, why don't you stop typing on a forum and actually act at games. They can't stop you holding your banner or stop you chanting for Watson to leave, so what is stopping you?

If you truly believe that Ian will listen to fans, make your voice heard at games not a forum which is just ramblings of a few fans.
So you are saying that unless I go to games and hold up a banner saying "watson out" then don't bother?

To be quite honest with you, I do not bother going to many games anymore. The football is awful, boring and predictable. I cannot be bothered wasting my time off watching that utter dross that is served up every single week without fail.

I know a lot of fans who refuse to come to ANY games whilst Liam Watson is in charge. I am more in the "pick and choose" my games category personally, but it's not exactly exciting stuff is it?

We are down to the loyal hardcore who will come no matter what, the floating fan and many other fans just won't come and watch us at the moment.

I won't be there on Saturday holding up a "watson out" banner, but until the powers that be realise just how stale the club is, it looks like he is going nowhere.
Totally understandable viewpoint and I agree with your response. The banner is example, there are a vast amount of ways to convey to the club individual view points of the current manager.

Watson won't disappear anytime soon, so sadly yourself and others won't be coming back regularly.

I understand the frustration regarding the current situation, I have just one question, if Watson steps aside as manager, would you still want him as a Director?
Personally would rather we both just moved on. We as a club need to move on.

I would still take it at present, as under his management we are going nowhere. But in an ideal world, no.
BlankPort
----------
----------
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:37 pm

Re: Liam Watson

Post by BlankPort »

I totally agree.

And a fair answer.
Alan Spences Pupil
----------
----------
Posts: 336
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:04 pm

Re: Liam Watson

Post by Alan Spences Pupil »

It is a worrying situation if the record is 3 wins from 20 odd matches that says it all, in his latest Podcast he points to the players coming back in will make the situation better, maybe so, but it is these very players who don't really look good enough at Con North Level. I have said many times that appointing him as Manager/Director was a big mistake, if he goes upstairs will he pick the new Coaches, does he bring any money into the club other than some ill-fated deals with Accrington? I don't think the players buy into the John Beck philosophy of football, if he thinks anything of the club he should go & coach Gerrards youngsters, proper football, God forbid not the kick & rush. Is there a Paul Futcher type out there who can turn the club around, we are staring into the Abyss ...I am surprised Ian Kyle has not realised by now.
Exiled Port Fan
----------
----------
Posts: 422
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:50 pm

Re: Liam Watson

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

PORT FOREVER wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:48 pm Steve Mcnulty has just taken over at Bootle. Richard Brodie has just taken over at Skem.

Surely both of these are worth a look?
Surely a filter to automatically delete any post containing the words

"Richard Brodie" and "worth a look"

From this forum is required.
PORT FOREVER
----------
----------
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:54 pm

Re: Liam Watson

Post by PORT FOREVER »

Would take him back in a heartbeat in a player manager capacity.

He scores 20 at this level a season comfortably and you well know it.

A true local hero.
Sam
----------
----------
Posts: 192
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:08 pm

Re: Liam Watson

Post by Sam »

PORT FOREVER wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:58 pm So you are saying that unless I go to games and hold up a banner saying "watson out" then don't bother?
I'd say so.

People spent a decade moaning about Clapham (and god knows why people think we'd be better off with him now i don't know). Each different iteration of Portchat had Clapham moans, and he went nowhere, he didn't care and nothing change.

When people actually started saying something at matches, and in the press he immediately folded. This may have been helped by the fact Trust in Yellow were singing from the same hymn sheet and are seemingly defunct nowadays.

I'm not going to say if Liam should go, i'm not going to say you should hold a banner, i'm not even going to say if you hold a banner he would go.

But constantly moaning on this small and insignificantly site and doing exactly nothing else will achieve the square root of bugger all.
Annonymous_fan
----------
----------
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:38 pm

Re: Liam Watson

Post by Annonymous_fan »

Sam wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:44 pm
PORT FOREVER wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:58 pm So you are saying that unless I go to games and hold up a banner saying "watson out" then don't bother?
I'd say so.

People spent a decade moaning about Clapham (and god knows why people think we'd be better off with him now i don't know). Each different iteration of Portchat had Clapham moans, and he went nowhere, he didn't care and nothing change.

When people actually started saying something at matches, and in the press he immediately folded. This may have been helped by the fact Trust in Yellow were singing from the same hymn sheet and are seemingly defunct nowadays.

I'm not going to say if Liam should go, i'm not going to say you should hold a banner, i'm not even going to say if you hold a banner he would go.

But constantly moaning on this small and insignificantly site and doing exactly nothing else will achieve the square root of bugger all.
Why wouldn’t you say if Liam should go🤦🏽‍♂️ Do you really think he should still be the manager?
Gloucester man
----------
----------
Posts: 91
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:58 pm

Re: Liam Watson

Post by Gloucester man »

Sam wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:44 pm
PORT FOREVER wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:58 pm So you are saying that unless I go to games and hold up a banner saying "watson out" then don't bother?
I'd say so.

People spent a decade moaning about Clapham (and god knows why people think we'd be better off with him now i don't know). Each different iteration of Portchat had Clapham moans, and he went nowhere, he didn't care and nothing change.

When people actually started saying something at matches, and in the press he immediately folded. This may have been helped by the fact Trust in Yellow were singing from the same hymn sheet and are seemingly defunct nowadays.

I'm not going to say if Liam should go, i'm not going to say you should hold a banner, i'm not even going to say if you hold a banner he would go.

But constantly moaning on this small and insignificantly site and doing exactly nothing else will achieve the square root of bugger all.
Sam your spot on about Clapham he didn't care he was on a power trip and said he would wreck us if people tried to unseat him and he did.
PORT FOREVER
----------
----------
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:54 pm

Re: Liam Watson

Post by PORT FOREVER »

Sam wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:44 pm
PORT FOREVER wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:58 pm So you are saying that unless I go to games and hold up a banner saying "watson out" then don't bother?
I'd say so.

People spent a decade moaning about Clapham (and god knows why people think we'd be better off with him now i don't know). Each different iteration of Portchat had Clapham moans, and he went nowhere, he didn't care and nothing change.

When people actually started saying something at matches, and in the press he immediately folded. This may have been helped by the fact Trust in Yellow were singing from the same hymn sheet and are seemingly defunct nowadays.

I'm not going to say if Liam should go, i'm not going to say you should hold a banner, i'm not even going to say if you hold a banner he would go.

But constantly moaning on this small and insignificantly site and doing exactly nothing else will achieve the square root of bugger all.
Maybe you are right.

The club is so stuck in the past it is actually mind boggling. The clapham, Liam Watson days etc need to be a thing of the past.

It's about time the club embarked on a new era with fresh ideas.

It's all quite boring and stale really. And the attendances reflect that.

The club has never needed a breathe of fresh air so badly. Let's hope something can change, because this is like watching a slow death.
Stratford Excile
----------
----------
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:18 pm

Re: Liam Watson

Post by Stratford Excile »

PORT FOREVER wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:24 pm
Sam wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:44 pm
PORT FOREVER wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:58 pm So you are saying that unless I go to games and hold up a banner saying "watson out" then don't bother?
I'd say so.

People spent a decade moaning about Clapham (and god knows why people think we'd be better off with him now i don't know). Each different iteration of Portchat had Clapham moans, and he went nowhere, he didn't care and nothing change.

When people actually started saying something at matches, and in the press he immediately folded. This may have been helped by the fact Trust in Yellow were singing from the same hymn sheet and are seemingly defunct nowadays.

I'm not going to say if Liam should go, i'm not going to say you should hold a banner, i'm not even going to say if you hold a banner he would go.

But constantly moaning on this small and insignificantly site and doing exactly nothing else will achieve the square root of bugger all.
Maybe you are right.

The club is so stuck in the past it is actually mind boggling. The clapham, Liam Watson days etc need to be a thing of the past.

It's about time the club embarked on a new era with fresh ideas.

It's all quite boring and stale really. And the attendances reflect that.

The club has never needed a breathe of fresh air so badly. Let's hope something can change, because this is like watching a slow death.
Well summed up and so true!

If you tread water in the rapids you drown!
Exiled Port Fan
----------
----------
Posts: 422
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:50 pm

Re: Liam Watson

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

PORT FOREVER wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:51 am Would take him back in a heartbeat in a player manager capacity.

He scores 20 at this level a season comfortably and you well know it.

A true local hero.
I'll presume you are fishing again.
Seano
----------
----------
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:44 am

Re: Liam Watson

Post by Seano »

I’m presuming you’ve all contacted / spoke to the very open board with your worries?
Post Reply