Main subforum for all things Southport FC
JC06
----------
----------

Darlington Predictions

Post by JC06 »

Darlington 0-0 Southport
Attendance: 1250 (60 away fans)

Southport then to win the replay on Tuesday 😉.
issy
----------
----------

Re: Darlington Predictions

Post by issy »

Liam states that this is a key game (presumably due to the money it could generate). We have beaten them once, why can't we do it again? I hope for a draw and beat them at home.
Liam needs to sort out the lack of discipline (red cards). It's bad enough players getting injured and not being available, without the needless suspensions.
If we lose, would LIam consider his future?
PortInTheSouth
----------
----------

Post by PortInTheSouth »

Having never seen us score away at Darlo, I'm not holding out too much hope but I'm going out on a limb.

Darlington 0-1 Southport (Walton 90+8)

Attendance 987 (14 away)
george
----------
----------

Post by george »

Ask any other fan of any team we are due to play, and ask them what they think the result will be,....enough said,home or away, other pub teams look at us as 3 points, great init!!!
Annonymous_fan
----------
----------

Post by Annonymous_fan »

Would be surprised if Darlington don’t beat us 3 or 4 nil
Gloucester man
----------
----------

Post by Gloucester man »

2-0 1,323 we can concentrate on the league
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

george wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:41 pm Ask any other fan of any team we are due to play, and ask them what they think the result will be,....enough said,home or away, other pub teams look at us as 3 points, great init!!!
It's an FA Cup game so nobody's getting any points and anyone who denigrates the opposition as "pub teams" frankly deserves whatever misery those teams inflict on them.

Darlington 0-1 Southport
We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.
george
----------
----------

Post by george »

Sorry, will spell it out for anyone who miss understood what I was implying, we are shit,and most other clubs,home or away think they can beat us,and yes compared to the once statue of a league club,over 100 years old,we are playing pub teams, and loosing to them ,have I made myself clear?
john riley
----------
----------

Post by john riley »

Sadly its how many we loose by hope iam wrong
optimickstic
----------
----------

Post by optimickstic »

Two ex football league clubs so both deserve a little respect hopefully a good game with a win for us first time of asking. Watched many league games at Haig Ave and a game against a good Man City, side league cup i think, how fortunes have changed particularly for us but for many other ex league clubs also. Onwards and upwards eventually i hope.
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

george wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:16 pm Sorry, will spell it out for anyone who miss understood what I was implying, we are shit,and most other clubs,home or away think they can beat us,and yes compared to the once statue of a league club,over 100 years old,we are playing pub teams, and loosing to them ,have I made myself clear?
Clear? Are you still in Jamaica on the rum?

We play in a division where 1/3rd of the clubs, or previous incarnations of them, have played in the Football League, all but one of them a lot more recently than us.
And unlike us 80% of their support didn't desert them for 15 years after dropping out of the League.
This superiority complex and delusions of grandeur from some are a bit tiresome 44 years later.
Gloucester man
----------
----------

Post by Gloucester man »

optimickstic wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:55 am Two ex football league clubs so both deserve a little respect hopefully a good game with a win for us first time of asking. Watched many league games at Haig Ave and a game against a good Man City, side league cup i think, how fortunes have changed particularly for us but for many other ex league clubs also. Onwards and upwards eventually i hope.
I went on the coach to our last league fixture at Feethams it was the 26th December let's hope its a better result.
PORT FOREVER
----------
----------

Post by PORT FOREVER »

Darlington 2 Southport NIL

Rob Urwin praises the lads for keeping going

Liam Watson reckons everything will click into place after 90 minutes of route one aimless hoofball

15 away fans

Another weekend RUINED
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Gloucester man wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:00 am
optimickstic wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:55 am Two ex football league clubs so both deserve a little respect hopefully a good game with a :roll: win for us first time of asking. Watched many league games at Haig Ave and a game against a good Man City, side league cup i think, how fortunes have changed particularly for us but for many other ex league clubs also. Onwards and upwards eventually i hope.
I went on the coach to our last league fixture at Feethams it was the 26th December let's hope its a better result.
We beat them a month ago.
george
----------
----------

Post by george »

I hope we win,don't care how,bobbley fluke goal,hang on for grim death, I just don't care,I want to win.but if we don't, someone has to draw a line in the sand,and sack the manager, it's becoming embarrassing
Gilbert69
----------
----------

Post by Gilbert69 »

Darlo 2 Southport 1

O.g 21

Att 1221

37 port fans
Stratford Excile
----------
----------

Post by Stratford Excile »

Watson's last fixture??
loyal jay
----------
----------

Post by loyal jay »

Darlington are starting to find form, whilst for all the huff and puff, we dont have the goal threat until Jordan is properly supported and in the right system.

Darlington 3 - 1 Southport

Predictions 8
Correct results 3
Big Mac 1985
----------
----------

Post by Big Mac 1985 »

Stratford Excile wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:27 pm Watson's last fixture??
Feels like noise is building
Alan McDonald was more versatile than a Swiss Army knife.
Alan Spences Pupil
----------
----------

Post by Alan Spences Pupil »

Who remember us winning there in the league many years ago in the mists of County Durham 7 - 0!! A win of any description would take the pressure off a bit........