Darlington Predictions

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
becbee
----------
----------

Re: Darlington Predictions

Post by becbee »

optimickstic wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:55 am Two ex football league clubs so both deserve a little respect hopefully a good game with a win for us first time of asking. Watched many league games at Haig Ave and a game against a good Man City, side league cup i think, how fortunes have changed particularly for us but for many other ex league clubs also. Onwards and upwards eventually i hope.
Why does being ex football league deserve respect, let alone considering how long it is since either club was there?
All clubs deserve the respect that their team's performance on the pitch now warrants.
Port on the Kent
----------
----------

Post by Port on the Kent »

Stratford Excile wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:27 pm Watson's last fixture??
Not likely, we could be hit for six and I don't think it would be the end.

It sounds like we will be bringing Carver in on loan when he gets fit in a couple of weeks. Ian will be waiting to see if that changes our fortunes so that's another couple of months minimum he'll be afforded.
couille du chien
----------
----------

Post by couille du chien »

I was there,went in the back of bombers van with terry redmond,don’t remember seeing a single goal,terry was on song with his rendition of cats on the rooftops cats on the tiles etc,great days
Chilled
----------
----------

Post by Chilled »

Don’t panic folks there’s the Lancashire challenge trophy to look forward to should we lose tomorrow - Liam loves a good cup run to end the season
Port on the Kent
----------
----------

Post by Port on the Kent »

Darlington 3-0 Southport

Att: 1,106 (51 away) (2 Watson out banners and a sack the board bedsheet)

Whatever happened to the coach travel? Not even seen it advertised. Lack of interest?
SteH90
----------
----------

Post by SteH90 »

:)
Port on the Kent wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:54 pm

It sounds like we will be bringing Carver in on loan when he gets fit in a couple of weeks. Ian will be waiting to see if that changes our fortunes so that's another couple of months minimum he'll be afforded.
I sadly agree with each word even when it suggests our season can be revived by someone who left nine months ago, has since played 24 League matches, scored 0 goals and wouldn’t be our player. 21-22 finished on May 7th and 22-23 began on August 6th - that’s when we should have recruited our players. Granted, Bell was unexpectedly injured but we were going to start the season the week after with a squad containing just two out and out strikers.
Gloucester man
----------
----------

Post by Gloucester man »

Ralphy Rylance wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:13 am
Gloucester man wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:00 am
optimickstic wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:55 am Two ex football league clubs so both deserve a little respect hopefully a good game with a :roll: win for us first time of asking. Watched many league games at Haig Ave and a game against a good Man City, side league cup i think, how fortunes have changed particularly for us but for many other ex league clubs also. Onwards and upwards eventually i hope.
I went on the coach to our last league fixture at Feethams it was the 26th December let's hope its a better result.
We beat them a month ago.
Please read it closely Ralph I said Feethams and last league game at Darlington was 26/12/77.
Sandgrounder3
----------
----------

Post by Sandgrounder3 »

Darlington 2 (Beck , Barbosa) Southport 0
Ste_B
----------
----------

Post by Ste_B »

Port on the Kent wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:54 pm

I agree with this and also think it’s the right thing to do.

The LW manager/board dynamic means any split would be more like leaving your wife with whom you’ve a house and a child, rather than just leaving a girlfriend of three months.

It’s in our best interests that any split is fair and amicable so LW is happy to stick around to look after the house and will share custody of little Tommy Lawson.

It’s obvious we need to make changes but I’d rather we tried the small changes before we rip everything up and start again… again.
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Gloucester man wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:15 am
Gloucester man wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:00 am
I went on the coach to our last league fixture at Feethams it was the 26th December let's hope its a better result.
Please read it closely Ralph I said Feethams and last league game at Darlington was 26/12/77.
I know what you said but don't see what relevance a match in the 1970s has to our prospects today, whereas a game played a month ago perhaps gives a better indication.
We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.
Exiled Port Fan
----------
----------

Post by Exiled Port Fan »

Ralphy Rylance wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:55 am
Gloucester man wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:15 am
I know what you said but don't see what relevance a match in the 1970s has to our prospects today, whereas a game played a month ago perhaps gives a better indication.
It is now Liam's fault we were voted out the league....