Darlington 3-2 Southport - FA Cup - Match Thread

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
tonyhey
----------
----------

Re: Darlington 3-2 Southport - FA Cup - Match Thread

Post by tonyhey »

george wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:41 pm 3 wins in 25,are we really discussing a f@ ckig sign on the by pass,.........the club can stick its micky mouse cups up it's backside, for the first time in my life I would sooner watch corrie
Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 8pm. Bye bye, I’m sure we’ll all get by without you.
cobby7
----------
----------

Post by cobby7 »

My god that penalty decision was ridiculous and decided the result of the game.
Some referees are idiots he got it wrong ,the attacker ran in front of Carberry with the intention of buying a penalty and the referee added insult by the sending off one of our best players.
We would have won that game .
Annonymous_fan
----------
----------

Post by Annonymous_fan »

Any suggestions on our new manager if the unthinkable happens and Ian grows a set of balls and does the right thing?
Jackcarrboy
----------
----------

Post by Jackcarrboy »

Ralphy Rylance wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:17 pm
Mr Ah Yes wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:30 pm
Ralphy Rylance wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:40 am
The signs are Trust in Yellow's not the club's so that probably explains why they haven't been updated.
Fair enough, but it is just waiting to be re-used, by the club. Still an ideal opportunity for relatively cheap advertising (even if the club has to shell out for the bits that slot in) that is going begging.
Presumably those bits still exist as do the people who were running the trust so you wouldn't have thought it was beyond logistical possibilities to update the signs even if they've all taken a vow of silence on trust matters.
Plz tell me how a sign in the middle of no where helps
Local Southport people in the club . No one sees it unless u live outside of Southport just like the trust needs to be gone and stay gone . Mybe I new one need to be placed in the town center it’s slef we did have a Conversation with people at the club about this but as of yet nothing
yellosoul
----------
----------

Post by yellosoul »

I’m no Watson apologist and don’t usually comment on games I haven’t attended

But from Darlington’s footage, that penalty and sending off look absolutely scandalous
Redrobe fan
----------
----------

Post by Redrobe fan »

I recall someone (LW?) say that the club doesn’t appeal as it costs a lot and is rarely successful.
David_1276
----------
----------

Post by David_1276 »

Redrobe fan wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:19 am I recall someone (LW?) say that the club doesn’t appeal as it costs a lot and is rarely successful.
Didn't we have an appeal accepted a season or so ago? Might be totally wrong but I seem to remember we did.
Port on the Kent
----------
----------

Post by Port on the Kent »

Watson stopped appealing in 2010/11 when the most mild mannered full back Chris Lever received a straight red card for an elbow away at Altrincham, despite doing absolutely nothing. After that appeal was rejected he drew a line.
Gambo's Left Boot
----------
----------

Post by Gambo's Left Boot »

Watching the highlights, the first goal and sending off are indeed scandalous. Sad to say, their second and third both look like errors by Tony Mac. It is a lot to expect a guy at his stage of career to step back up to this level.

For me, we obviously need a decent centre midfielder who can get hold of a game for us, and someone to play off Jordan. Before anyone says that our midfield get bypassed, remember the quality of centre mids we had in Liam's successful teams. If we bring in those new players, then there are the elements of a good NLN side here - and absolutely no excuses for Liam if results don't pick up.
Ronnie Hotdogs
BASTARD
BASTARD

Post by Ronnie Hotdogs »

Port on the Kent wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:50 pm Watson stopped appealing in 2010/11 when the most mild mannered full back Chris Lever received a straight red card for an elbow away at Altrincham, despite doing absolutely nothing. After that appeal was rejected he drew a line.
Inevitably Ross Joyce has been promoted through the leagues. Not quite in the Backhouse/Merchant class, but definitely up there.
I am at my most DANGEROUS and EFFECTIVE when UNDERESTIMATED.
optimickstic
----------
----------

Post by optimickstic »

Gambo's Left Boot wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:51 pm Watching the highlights, the first goal and sending off are indeed scandalous. Sad to say, their second and third both look like errors by Tony Mac. It is a lot to expect a guy at his stage of career to step back up to this level.

For me, we obviously need a decent centre midfielder who can get hold of a game for us, and someone to play off Jordan. Before anyone says that our midfield get bypassed, remember the quality of centre mids we had in Liam's successful teams. If we bring in those new players, then there are the elements of a good NLN side here - and absolutely no excuses for Liam if results don't pick up.
Agree as it seems the Darlington commentator did Carberry did nothing wrong the attacker fell or looked for it while under pressure thanks ref for helping them progress to the next round.Tony was calm under pressure played 90 minutes conceded 2 saved some but if it wasnt for the pen and red card we would still[at least] be in it, or in the next round , hope Cam is fit for duty soon his extra height helps a bit and if Tony gets injured what then ? Chuck in George Goudie head first and hope for the best we cant ease him in gently in the present situation. Bainbridge was having one of his better games and what he did [highlights of course ] he looked comfortable in the position he played .Could get a draw with home advantage( though it hasnt helped us much up to now) In the tough next game and we will beat Bradford next one up after that 3 or 4 points would help a lot.
kiaken
----------
----------

Post by kiaken »

Don't understand why we have to play against ref on many occasions,can only think we must be giving low ratings against some of them so it becomes payback time. Don't think an appeal will help ,won't get us back in cup. That pen and red card rates as one of worst bad decisions we have had against us.
Ralphy Rylance
Who is Ralphy Rylance?
Who is Ralphy Rylance?

Post by Ralphy Rylance »

Portoldie wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:21 pm We should try and switch the BPA game to the Saturday after. They are also out of the cup.
2 home games in 3 days doesn’t seem very appealing at the moment.
BPA now Sat 1st Oct. Confirmed.
We are the nutters, we come from the sea.
We must be nutters to watch SFC.
optimickstic
----------
----------

Post by optimickstic »

Jackcarrboy wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:51 am
Ralphy Rylance wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:17 pm
Mr Ah Yes wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:30 pm
Fair enough, but it is just waiting to be re-used, by the club. Still an ideal opportunity for relatively cheap advertising (even if the club has to shell out for the bits that slot in) that is going begging.
Presumably those bits still exist as do the people who were running the trust so you wouldn't have thought it was beyond logistical possibilities to update the signs even if they've all taken a vow of silence on trust matters.
Plz tell me how a sign in the middle of no where helps
Local Southport people in the club . No one sees it unless u live outside of Southport just like the trust needs to be gone and stay gone . Mybe I new one need to be placed in the town center it’s slef we did have a Conversation with people at the club about this but as of yet nothing
Agree not about TIY but we should have a next game sign or signs in the town centre and on the road on the way in from Ormskirk average home attendances are down this season and anything to remind old or new fans whats happening might help.Also why not use the existing sign as well many people must drive past it every day.