Leamington

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Seano
----------
----------

Re: Leamington

Post by Seano »

Annonymous_fan wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:37 pm Would snap your hand off for those two much better than Liam in my opinion
Formula Port wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:51 pm
Alan Spences Pupil wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:46 pm
Paulisi wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:34 pm
You forgot to mention if we don't sack Liam and replace with the two clown who were at Spennymoor
I didn't know the Clowns had left Spennymoor.....Its all elementary anyway I can't see our Watson being ousted anytime soon unless he loses to Longridge tonight! :?
Here’s hoping
😂😂😂😂
Annonymous_fan
----------
----------

Post by Annonymous_fan »

Seano wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:55 pm
Annonymous_fan wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:37 pm Would snap your hand off for those two much better than Liam in my opinion
Alan Spences Pupil wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:46 pm

I didn't know the Clowns had left Spennymoor.....Its all elementary anyway I can't see our Watson being ousted anytime soon unless he loses to Longridge tonight! :?
Here’s hoping
😂😂😂😂
So you think Liam is better then?
Gloucester man
----------
----------

Post by Gloucester man »

Sandgrounder SE wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:35 pm This looks like a very tough game. Another team with little history, limited support and a very basic ground which seems to have passed us by and could well be in the playoffs. I hope we can at least get a draw. Depends on what team we put out, and whether we get some breaks at last.
Little history??? They have a long history and we're in the Alliance when Giller wouldn't let us join. Ground rebuilt from nothing with their own funds no big money man or council help. Average home support about 525, A coach coming up on Saturday £12 per person.
Sandgrounder SE
----------
----------

Post by Sandgrounder SE »

That was AP Leamington. I’m well aware of the history. They went bust and there was no club in Leamington for 12 or 13 years. This club may claim some continuity but it’s bogus, like Accrington Stanley.
Seano
----------
----------

Post by Seano »

Annonymous_fan wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:21 pm
Seano wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:55 pm

Here’s hoping
😂😂😂😂
So you think Liam is better then?
Yes.
portexileinbath
750 posts
750 posts

Post by portexileinbath »

YES !.
portexileinbath
750 posts
750 posts

Post by portexileinbath »

Gloucester man wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:17 pm
Ground rebuilt from nothing with their own funds no big money man or council help. Average home support about 525, A coach coming up on Saturday £12 per person.
Very handy, cheap, friendly minibus shuttle to / from Leamington train station, to their ground (for home & away fans).
Brakes

Post by Brakes »

Sandgrounder SE wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:17 pm That was AP Leamington. I’m well aware of the history. They went bust and there was no club in Leamington for 12 or 13 years. This club may claim some continuity but it’s bogus, like Accrington Stanley.
Incorrect.
AP Leamington changed to Leamington FC in the late 80s when they were no longer a work team. AP who owned the ground then sold it for housing, and Leamington FC had no choice but to go into hibernation as although they were given first option, couldn't afford the asking price.
The club still existed and in fact FA membership was still paid by the chairman and directors, just no league was entered. A plot of land was purchased in the late 90s from a farmer and in 2000 Leamington FC entered a team into the Mid Com division 2, some 7 divisions below where we are now.

HTH
PORT FOREVER
----------
----------

Post by PORT FOREVER »

Southport 0 Leamington 3

Attendance 456

Another weekend ruined.
SteH90
----------
----------

Post by SteH90 »

Not sure it’s the right place for this but Liam’s analysis of the Longridge match from Stephen Killen

https://off-the-park.co.uk/southport-li ... n-reaction
loyal jay
----------
----------

Post by loyal jay »

The worry now is that we do not have an experienced keeper for the weekend.
Port on the Kent
----------
----------

Post by Port on the Kent »

Southport 0-0 Leamington

Att: 747
Jonny Smith
----------
----------

Post by Jonny Smith »

SteH90 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:48 pm Not sure it’s the right place for this but Liam’s analysis of the Longridge match from Stephen Killen

What a load of rubbish. So your telling me it’s taken all these years to play a team like longridge suffering numerous defeats prior to this to finally realise that he knows the shape of team he wants to play. DELUSIONAL
Sandgrounder SE
----------
----------

Post by Sandgrounder SE »

Brakes - thanks for the detail, which I had forgotten. The hibernation makes it very different from Stanley and it is quite an inspiring story. So apologies.
My initial point was ‘ how on earth has Leamington managed to get a decent team together with, apparently, far fewer resources than Southport while we struggle to get eleven fit players out and have the tactical nous of a pick-up team in the local park?’
But I guess you can’t help me with that query.
SteH90
----------
----------

Post by SteH90 »

Jonny Smith wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:47 pm
SteH90 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:48 pm Not sure it’s the right place for this but Liam’s analysis of the Longridge match from Stephen Killen

What a load of rubbish. So your telling me it’s taken all these years to play a team like longridge suffering numerous defeats prior to this to finally realise that he knows the shape of team he wants to play. DELUSIONAL
Apparently! Having not attended last night I’ve no idea what the manager is referring to in the statement “ It’s an enjoyable game when they do it properly, gives them chance to get on the ball, gives the forward’s a chance to get a few goals, it’s nice” but I suspect it’s ‘the hoof’. I stand to be corrected by those in attendance.
Portoldie
----------
----------

Post by Portoldie »

Surely we must sign a goalkeeper on loan for Saturday. League clubs have a number of goalkeepers most of whom don’t get enough game time.
Jonny Smith
----------
----------

Post by Jonny Smith »

Portoldie wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:05 pm Surely we must sign a goalkeeper on loan for Saturday. League clubs have a number of goalkeepers most of whom don’t get enough game time.
The club have forgotten how to sign anyone or nobody wants to come to port which makes more sense
Stephen-Killen
----------
----------

Post by Stephen-Killen »

SteH90 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:00 pm
Jonny Smith wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:47 pm

Apparently! Having not attended last night I’ve no idea what the manager is referring to in the statement “ It’s an enjoyable game when they do it properly, gives them chance to get on the ball, gives the forward’s a chance to get a few goals, it’s nice” but I suspect it’s ‘the hoof’. I stand to be corrected by those in attendance.
In reference to the first point, the question was on the manner of the win being "routine". With the final point about the shape, that was in response to my takeaway of the nice football played in parts, albeit against lower opposition, after discussing a change to an attacking style in recent conversations with LW.

I felt one of Niall's goal was well-worked down the right after Keenan and Connor combined, plus Tyler's opener was nice on the eye between him and Watson.

I couldn't argue the Hoofball claim as I don't watch Southport enough to debate - I hope this clears it up from my side behind the microphone.

I believe Cam/Tony will be okay for Saturday.
SteH90
----------
----------

Post by SteH90 »

Hi Stephen - always appreciate your articles and interviews as it’s another view from the manager as opposed to club endorsed content (though I appreciate that too!). I suspected his ‘do it properly’ comment was a reiteration of Liam’s ‘putting into the right areas’ that we see. Would often have been there to witness it in person but the style of play on offer is unappealing to a member who pays for League matches but not for difficult-to-get-to midweek matches.
george
----------
----------

Post by george »

Playing watson's style of football my suit this level of opposition, problem is Playing like that at the league were in is infective at best,and in most cases shambolic, I hope we get a win Saturday