Leamington

Main subforum for all things Southport FC
Gloucester man
----------
----------

Leamington

Post by Gloucester man »

A hard one to forecast this as the managers know each other well and the Brakes are hard to beat but I'll go for 1-1, 849. We might grab 2-1.
Hope the weather's OK I'll sit for once and for anyone who cannot get to the game its on audio on the Leamington site MIXR.
Marsh Harrier
----------
----------

Re: Leamington

Post by Marsh Harrier »

Southport 0 Leamington 1
Attendance 777
Jonny Smith
----------
----------

Post by Jonny Smith »

Southport 0 Leamington 4

Attendance 537
Ste_B
----------
----------

Post by Ste_B »

Home win. Quiet night on Portchat.
David_1276
----------
----------

Post by David_1276 »

I'm gonna say we'll probably bounce back in this one, as much as I dislike Watson it's unfair to say we weren't at least very unlucky last weekend. With Leamington probably a worse squad on paper as well;

SFC 3-0 Leamington

C. Doyle, Archer, Hmami

Att: 803

Watson says in his interview that our luck has finally changed, only to lose 1-0 to Bradford next Tuesday 😂.
portexileinbath
750 posts
750 posts

Post by portexileinbath »

Ste_B wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:02 pm Home win. Quiet night on Portchat.
How right you are :!:
It seems we were close to ruining some people weekend at Darlington :D
The return of the injured players will make all the difference Port 4 Leamington 1.
optimickstic
----------
----------

Post by optimickstic »

David_1276 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:46 pm I'm gonna say we'll probably bounce back in this one, as much as I dislike Watson it's unfair to say we weren't at least very unlucky last weekend. With Leamington probably a worse squad on paper as well;

SFC 3-0 Leamington

C. Doyle, Archer, Hmami

Att: 803

Watson says in his interview that our luck has finally changed, only to lose 1-0 to Bradford next Tuesday 😂.
Your result is a bit unbelievable i will say 3-2 to us against Leamington winner their second own goal scored in the 92nd minute so dont leave early anyone 4 own goals in a game is not to be missed :lol:
Annonymous_fan
----------
----------

Post by Annonymous_fan »

Would be interesting to see if we get beat if the fans would turn on Liam at the end.
loyal jay
----------
----------

Post by loyal jay »

Goals are at a premium for Leamington who haven't scored more than 1 goal since the opening day of the season. That said, their defence is like a submarine door, so I expect nothing but a tight encounter. I hope the weekend exertions having played with 10 men for much of the game won't hinder us too much.

Southport 1 - 1 Leamington

Predictions 9
Correct Results 4
Gilbert69
----------
----------

Post by Gilbert69 »

Southport 0 leamington 0

Att 675

Bainbridge s/o 82
Sandgrounder3
----------
----------

Post by Sandgrounder3 »

Goals are at a premium for Leamington who haven't scored more than 1 goal since the opening day of the season. That said, their defence is like a submarine door, so I expect nothing but a tight encounter. I hope the weekend exertions having played with 10 men for much of the game won't hinder us too much.

Erm?? They are plus 6, we are -8😀⚽️
loyal jay
----------
----------

Post by loyal jay »

Sandgrounder3 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:31 am Goals are at a premium for Leamington who haven't scored more than 1 goal since the opening day of the season. That said, their defence is like a submarine door, so I expect nothing but a tight encounter. I hope the weekend exertions having played with 10 men for much of the game won't hinder us too much.

Erm?? They are plus 6, we are -8😀⚽️
When you score 1 goal and don't concede, you're bound to have a positive goal difference?

Leamington 1-0 Kettering
Leamington 1-0 BPA
Leamington 1-0 Banbury
Kings Lynn 1-1 Leamington
Leamington 0-1 Spenny
Buxton 1-1 Leamington
Kiddy 0-0 Leamington
Leamington 4-0 Farsley

That would suggest to me that chances are either hard to come by, pointing towards a lack of attacking creativity or that their strikers are ineffective. When you're able to keep clean sheets you're setting yourself up for a point with a view of knicking all 3 if you can grab a goal. We've scored 7 in 8 matches, 5 of which came in the first game... on paper, this one looks to be a tight game.
Sandgrounder SE
----------
----------

Post by Sandgrounder SE »

This looks like a very tough game. Another team with little history, limited support and a very basic ground which seems to have passed us by and could well be in the playoffs. I hope we can at least get a draw. Depends on what team we put out, and whether we get some breaks at last.
Alan Spences Pupil
----------
----------

Post by Alan Spences Pupil »

A few ifs here, if we keep 10 men on the pitch, if we sign Carver in time, if we play to feet & use the wings if we abandon kick & rush approach, a much needed win is on the cards 2-0 Carver Archer attendance 749
Paulisi
----------
----------

Post by Paulisi »

Alan Spences Pupil wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:05 pm A few ifs here, if we keep 10 men on the pitch, if we sign Carver in time, if we play to feet & use the wings if we abandon kick & rush approach, a much needed win is on the cards 2-0 Carver Archer attendance 749
You forgot to mention if we don't sack Liam and replace with the two clown who were at Spennymoor
PortDan1121
Bitter Evertonian
Bitter Evertonian

Post by PortDan1121 »

Paulisi wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:34 pm
Alan Spences Pupil wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:05 pm A few ifs here, if we keep 10 men on the pitch, if we sign Carver in time, if we play to feet & use the wings if we abandon kick & rush approach, a much needed win is on the cards 2-0 Carver Archer attendance 749
You forgot to mention if we don't sack Liam and replace with the two clown who were at Spennymoor
What if we replace a Watson with a Watson and get Steve Watson.....

*runs before PortChat rips me a new one*
Alan Spences Pupil
----------
----------

Post by Alan Spences Pupil »

I didn't know the Clowns had left Spennymoor.....Its all elementary anyway I can't see our Watson being ousted anytime soon unless he loses to Longridge tonight! :?
Formula Port
----------
----------

Post by Formula Port »

Alan Spences Pupil wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:46 pm
I didn't know the Clowns had left Spennymoor.....Its all elementary anyway I can't see our Watson being ousted anytime soon unless he loses to Longridge tonight! :?
Here’s hoping
Annonymous_fan
----------
----------

Post by Annonymous_fan »

Would snap your hand off for those two much better than Liam in my opinion
portexileinbath
750 posts
750 posts

Post by portexileinbath »

Formula Port wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:51 pm
Alan Spences Pupil wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:46 pm
Here’s hoping
Here's hoping what ?. That we lose tonight ?