----------

Bradford

Post by Gloucester man »

Match rearranged now Saturday 1st October
CanadianGold

Re: Bradford

Post by CanadianGold »

Disappointed.
Fully understanding of weather postponements but changing a fixture only 1 week away does not seem right.
People make plans.
Annual leave taken, flight and rental car already paid for😪
I guess it gives Cam and Tony Mac a bit longer to recover 👍 which can't be bad.
Isn't there another planned rail strike on October 1st as well?
David_1276
----------
----------

Post by David_1276 »

CanadianGold wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:19 pm Disappointed.
Fully understanding of weather postponements but changing a fixture only 1 week away does not seem right.
People make plans.
I think the idea of it was probably to allow more rest time in-between games, and get the most people through the gate possible which unfortunately seems to have meant you won't be able to attend. Are you staying long enough to at least see one of the home games we have coming up? I know how pissed I'd be if I'd travelled half way across the world only to have a fixture re-arranged. I know it's probably of no consolation but I'd guess one of our youth teams will probably be playing at home this week, maybe even at Haig Ave so that might be worth checking out as a worst case scenario.
optimickstic
----------
----------

Post by optimickstic »

Sorry you will miss your match Canadian Gold as you understand we need as much none playing time as possible to aid players recovery and a Saturday game gets more bodies in the ground i think this game at this time and with their form will probably be our best result of the season hopefully better than Boston pity for you it has been rearranged cheers mick
PortDan1121
Bitter Evertonian
Bitter Evertonian

Post by PortDan1121 »

Apologies CanadianGold. It's a bit of a bummer when you've booked time off.

Guessing the match was moved because we are both out of the FA Cup and it makes more sense as Saturday games bring in more matchday revenue than Tuesday games.
PortInTheSouth
----------
----------

Post by PortInTheSouth »

Worth noting that it's a strike day - as now is Gloucester away the following weekend
SfcFPA
----------
----------

Post by SfcFPA »

I'm just surprised we gave up the opportunity presented by two home games during an international break, with the marketing potential that international breaks present to non league teams. We moved the midweek one by choice to a day that Liverpool are also at home. There must be some evidence somewhere that weekend League fixtures attract significantly higher gates than midweek.
---
One Club Since 1888
https://amzn.to/3BlNHHM
---
Visit our website: Southport FC Former Players Association
formerplayers@southportfootballclub.co.uk
@SouthportfcFPA
Join our lottery for a chance to win £25,000
Http://sfc1881.uk/Lottery